Infotmic - Update Version deb-r2.1.1561

Orion_uk

Dec 31, 2010
So I can get to the countdown page by holding in the black Home key as I switch the power on. Next the above post from Black_Valkyrie says to hold down the top Home key and Menu key for as few seconds. That is where things stall for me and the pad just boots as normal, no recovery screen. Does anyone have the right key presses once one is on the countdown screen?

Thanks in advance.

Power off unit (hold power for 10 secs)

Turn unit back on with power button, BUT DIRECTLY AFTER.. HOLD DOWN the following all together..

Black button (with square) on pad + Home button + VOLUME MINUS

Hope that helps :)

.........................If I helped, show a little Love to the `THANKS` button, all my friends do ;) .............

Jan 11, 2011
Just a point to everyone that seems to be getting a little stressed. This update is well worth doing. The reason it is taking so long is because everyone is trying to download therefore jamming the server. I downloaded and installed within 3-4 hours and my pad is working so much better. Seems a lot less buggy and a lot more stable. I even have a fully working version of Skype that is crystal clear.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2011
So I can get to the countdown page by holding in the black Home key as I switch the power on. Next the above post from Black_Valkyrie says to hold down the top Home key and Menu key for as few seconds. That is where things stall for me and the pad just boots as normal, no recovery screen. Does anyone have the right key presses once one is on the countdown screen?

Thanks in advance.

You did not read my instructions - read them again you're not following them correctly

Orion_uk

Dec 31, 2010
Power off unit (hold power for 10 secs)

Turn unit back on with power button, BUT DIRECTLY AFTER.. HOLD DOWN the following all together..

Black button (with square) on pad + Home button + VOLUME MINUS

Hope that helps :)

OOPS, that for countdown screen!

If you want to get to recovery screen..

POWER OFF

Hold down MENU + VOLUME MINUS KEY (keep held down)

Turn power button on (keeping MENU + VOLUME MINUS keys pressed) and hold them down until the recovery screen appears :)

.........................If I helped, show a little Love to the `THANKS` button, all my friends do ;) .............

Last edited:

tdisher

Jan 12, 2011
Finished the update yesterday on a WowPad. Download took a while but the update finished and everything (except I did not back up) is running.

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Another changed I've noted for the 1568 update is the fact it now recognises .url (ie saved links)! This is very useful for me.

Hope this helps,
Richardo

Jan 10, 2011
To use the update via the recovery console rename the file to update.zip and copy it to the root of your micro sd card. With the card in the machine, reboot while holding down the big black home button. You'll be prompted with a 5 second countdown. During that 5 second countdown hold down the top home and menu buttons as well as the big black home button. After a few secs release, tablet will boot to pic of a planet with lightning or some bs around it, then to the recovery console where you can select to install update

If you get the sequence wrong and can't get into the console use the reset button on the bottom of the unit and then start again til you get it right

I thought this described it quite clearly - people doing this incorrectly need to read the instructions carefully

johnfrankiej

Jan 3, 2011
re... the 1568 download supplied by johnfrankiej

Sorry. New here so I appoligise if this is a lame question.

I have the APAD with deb 2.1 by infotmic. will this update work on mine... do I just slap it on the sd card and run it from there. I am supposed to be updating to 1561 but its taken two days now and im only on 11 %

Cheers

The updates are 1561 and 1568. In a post a few pages back I have the links.
I have the 1561, it is stable and working really well. I am actually pleased with this update.
The 1568 was supplied by Richardo Crispus
Both seem to work well.
Follow the instructions here for the SD card; http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...date-version-deb-r2-1-1561-a-8.html#post34710

Last edited:

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
I figured out what it was, I'd enabled a live wallpaper as soon as I installed and it was the bloatware.

For future people's reference, 1568 is not slower than 1170.

(However I dunno if it's faster except at connecting to networks)

Hope this helps,
Richardo

Last edited: