Initial Impressions Of Nexus 10: Say Hello To The New Benchmark For 10" Tablets

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
nexusae011720.jpg

A nice review of the new Nexus 10 tablet at Android Police (partial quote, link at the bottom) :

Initial Impressions Of The Nexus 10: Say Hello To The New Benchmark For 10" Android Tablets
Posted by Cameron Summerson

At the end of June, Google unveiled its first Nexus-branded tablet to the world: the Nexus 7. Since then, it has become the premier Android tablet, which is now selling at nearly a million units each month. For good reason - it's a fantastic tablet.

Despite the storm that rocked NYC, three days ago Google took the wraps off the latest addition to the Nexus tablet family: the Nexus 10. I've been playing with the N10 for the past 24 hours (give or take) and instead of waiting several days to post a full review, I want to share my first impressions with you. While the N10's claim to fame is undoubtedly its (amazing) 2,560 x 1,600 display, let's first talk about the build quality and overall form factor.

Like the Nexus 4, the front of the device is a solid black slate - no branding whatsoever. To either side of the display you'll find a pair of speakers that run alongside the bezel, and extend the entire height of the screen. They're subtle and blend in quite well - they also sound fantastic (for tablet speakers, of course).

The back of the device is covered in a soft, tacky, rubber-like material - it almost feels like leather. The same was said for the Nexus 7's back, but rings true even more for the N10. The outside edges curve upwards ever so slightly, which makes it feel great in your hands. Really, really great, actually. The grippiness of the back also helps make it more manageable with one hand, as you don't have to hold it as tightly as other tablets. It just "sticks."

nexuslogocrop.jpg

In the center of the back is a large "Nexus" logo that I absolutely love. It's sort of etched into the back (just like on the Nexus 7), as is the Samsung logo down below. Along the top is the 5MP camera, which is surrounded by a plastic piece that looks and feels identical to the back of the Nexus 7. On the right side of this piece is a little notch that allows it to be detached from the device. Once removed, you'll find two magnets (one on each end), presumably for accessories, like the cover seen in this video. The plastic cover is very securely held in place by tabs and has no play in it at all when it's completely locked in.

...and the article continues -- See the original post at AndroidPolice here.