install android 2.2+ or honeycomb on dell inspiron duo converible tablet?

Mar 7, 2011
Hi,

I just ordered this dell inspiron duo convertible tablet - Dell Inspiron duo

and given that iut has pretty beefy hardware specs was wondering if I can make it dual boot to android 2.2 or honeycomb and windows 7. I may just be talking through my hat and welcome any corrections but would love it if this were possible.

thanks in advance

Tinkertonus

Mar 18, 2011
I got the Viewpad 10 recently and was greatly dissapointed with the Tablets capabilities. I have since sent it back for refund. This left me at looking the Dell DUO as the solution i want to try next. I am very interested in the capabilities beyond Windows 7 for this unit. The main trouble i ran into with the Viewpad 10 was simply the Android OS loaded on it was intended for Phones, and no app stores would accept it as an adriod compliant device without several OS modifications and basically hacked changes to the OS.

I will not attempt another android OS lesser than the 3.0 honeycomb on a non-cell based tablet again due to this experience with app stores.

Last edited:

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
There is an Android-x86 Project website. The Duo I beleive is actually one of the units that is specifically being used in that project last I looked at it. I beleive that they are up to 2.1. The project page indicates that it can be run from a flash drive, or can sit next to windows and be a dual boot.

Not sure how good it is, I kinda got the impression that in some elements, they're behind, but stable; in others, they're up to date, but not as stable.

Tinkertonus

Mar 18, 2011
it's good to hear a project is involving the Duo. I got mine on order last night. should be here soon. I like that the Duo has the horsepower to compete with just about anything. With it being a nearly true PC platform, this will allow me to partition the 320gb drive into several sections if i need to do testing or dual booting options.