Install contacts.apk ?

Acevanquish

Nov 20, 2011
I'm trying to find a way to install contacts on this tablet. I am familiar with apk files and have put the market on it. I got a contacts.apk file, but I'm not sure which version it is. It say application not installed. I tried signing it too but still. Not installed. Could someone give me a contacts.apk you know works or some guidance.

Acevanquish

Nov 20, 2011
btw I searched the board and found instructions to sync contacts and calendar, but I just need the main app. Also this tablet is not rooted. I could if it is necessary.

Acevanquish

Nov 20, 2011
That zip pack contains the contacts sync which I've already read about and done. It does not give me the contacts app in my drawer to add or edit contacts on the tablet instead of through gmail. The contacts that other apps look for such as groove ip and google voice.

Acevanquish

Nov 20, 2011
That one installs fine. Both 2.2 and 2.3 work, but when I try to add or edit a contact it force close with android.process.acore error. Also, what is contacts provider? It replaces contacts 2.2 and contacts 2.3. I feel like I'm missing more foundation files that contacts relies on the way that market had an order before installing market.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You need the same version of both Contacts and GoogleContactsSyncAdapter that work with your. ContactsProvider is usually already in the tablet, if you don't you need one with the same version as the 2 ones mentioned before.

android.process.acore is the Launcher complaining about incompatible versions...

Acevanquish

Nov 20, 2011
I get it with both 2.2 and 2.3 each time I replace one I also changed the sync adapter version with it to match. The tablet info in settings says 2.3.3 and it's the kyros mid7022, forgot people discuss other models here.

tecnotycoon

Apr 15, 2013
I get it with both 2.2 and 2.3 each time I replace one I also changed the sync adapter version with it to match. The tablet info in settings says 2.3.3 and it's the kyros mid7022, forgot people discuss other models here.

I have got the same problem. Incidentally i uninstalled contacts and phonebook can not show up, so i need to install contacts. Everytime i try to install, "application not installed" show up.

Is there anybody have an idea?