Install Flash on Flame

BristolF6

Mar 28, 2012
I have the US version of the Ainol Flame running ICS. It didn't come with Flash installed and I see now that Flash is not supported unless it came installed on the tablet.

Is there a way to load Flash onto my tablet, say via an SD card? It wont load thru Google Play.

Thanks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have the US version of the Ainol Flame running ICS. It didn't come with Flash installed and I see now that Flash is not supported unless it came installed on the tablet.

Is there a way to load Flash onto my tablet, say via an SD card? It wont load thru Google Play.

Thanks!

Try this link. Or check the link in my signatire below.

BristolF6

Mar 28, 2012
Thanks! I think I'm on track now. In my efforts to get Flash installed before posting here I somehow got v10.x installed on the tab. How do I delete that one and start with 11.1.x??

Thanks again, I think I'm close!

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks! I think I'm on track now. In my efforts to get Flash installed before posting here I somehow got v10.x installed on the tab. How do I delete that one and start with 11.1.x??

Thanks again, I think I'm close!

Go to the app drawer and find Flash Player. A log press should bring up "uninstall" at the top. Just drag it there and tell it to go byby.

BristolF6

Mar 28, 2012
Go to the app drawer and find Flash Player. A log press should bring up "uninstall" at the top. Just drag it there and tell it to go byby.

Hmmmm I don't see an app drawer. I'm on 4.0.4 if the menus are different. I tried deleting via the App Installer app and also the file explorer app. No luck. Am I missing something? Sorry, this is my first android device!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hmmmm I don't see an app drawer. I'm on 4.0.4 if the menus are different. I tried deleting via the App Installer app and also the file explorer app. No luck. Am I missing something? Sorry, this is my first android device!

Every Android device I've seen has an app drawer. On 4.1 it would be the little squares upper right corner of the screen that displays all your apps. 4.04 is a little different but it's there.

BristolF6

Mar 28, 2012
Every Android device I've seen has an app drawer. On 4.1 it would be the little squares upper right corner of the screen that displays all your apps. 4.04 is a little different but it's there.

Oh yeah I have the little squares, touch on that and I see all my apps. I didn't know that was called the drawer. I don't have an icon from Flash in there though. If I go into my downloaded files and select the Flash .apk and choose Install it says "Adobe Flash Player 11.1 This is a system application. Do you want to replace it?" Then it asks to allow the application to use Network communication and confirm the install. I choose Install and get "Application not installed. An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed". Which brings me to wanting to delete what's there and try installing 11.1 again.

Thanks I appreciate all the help!!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It sounds as if you have Flash. You can't install it again, which is what it seems to be telling you. Going back to your OP you said you didn't have it so all my posts were based on that.

BristolF6

Mar 28, 2012
It sounds as if you have Flash. You can't install it again, which is what it seems to be telling you. Going back to your OP you said you didn't have it so all my posts were based on that.

I didn't think I had it installed because Flash content was not working in the standard browser or the Dolphin and SkyFire browsers I downloaded to try. And also because it was not listed in Google Play. If it was installed I was under the understanding that it would show up in Play and able to upgrade or uninstall from there. By the sounds of it I'm mistaken?? :confused:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There is the problem, Flash no longer appears in the Google Store, but can still be installed, as you have found out. If you have tried Dolphin and set it to desktop mode and allowed plugins/addons in the browsers it should be working. If not, your only other option is to uninstall it, restart and install it again.

BristolF6

Mar 28, 2012
I think that's what I'd like to try because I think the installed version is 10.x. How do I uninstall it?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Go to the "newly found" app drawer, long press Flash (which should be there, not Adobe) and drag it to the uninstall icon that should appear at the top of the screen.

BristolF6

Mar 28, 2012
Go to the "newly found" app drawer, long press Flash (which should be there, not Adobe) and drag it to the uninstall icon that should appear at the top of the screen.

Haha okay back to that issue, there is no Flash icon to drag. If I go into Settings > Apps > and select the "All" tab I see it at the top of the list. Adobe Flash Player 10.2 version 10.2.157.53. Under Storage it's Total size is 60.00kb and only gives option to Disable.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Haha okay back to that issue, there is no Flash icon to drag. If I go into Settings > Apps > and select the "All" tab I see it at the top of the list. Adobe Flash Player 10.2 version 10.2.157.53. Under Storage it's Total size is 60.00kb and only gives option to Disable.

In that case, I'm out of ideas/options.

BristolF6

Mar 28, 2012
Okay, thanks for your help along the way. If anyone knows how to delete an app that has no icon please let me know!