Installation Aborted?!?

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
To the best of my knowledge "Nook Color". Some have had luck with the "old" but the jury is still out. I would say stick to the latest.

liquid85

Apr 5, 2011
Followed all these steps. Reformatted sd, rom manager and cwm are all updated. Opened rom manager, installed rom. It rebooted in clockwork then said installation aborted. This is frustrating. Any more help is appreciated.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I am confused did you install the ROM from within the Rom Manager app or did you, as I stated above RE-BOOT into CWR then "install zip from sd" If you are flashing a new ROM you can't do that from within the ROM Manager app, You MUST "Reboot into recovery" and then use the "install zip from sd card" command.

In other words you HAVE to be in ClockworkMod in order for this to work. It cannot be done from within the ROM Manager app. It MUST be done from Clockwork.

Sorry not yelling at you just want to make sure I am clear.

Last edited:

liquid85

Apr 5, 2011
oh I misread. yes I did try to flash the rom from rom manager. So I tried it again. rebooted into cwr, install from zip. got the same error.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
One other thought make sure you have the latest CM7 build and that the MD5 sum matches. I don't have the links for the MD5sum checker but they are in the Tech section somewhere. Just make sure you download the latest nightly or RC. After all this back and forth copy etc things can get skewed. Better to make sure you have a fresh copy of the ROM.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
md5sum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It is how you verify that you have the proper zip. Just try dl'ing the zip again. Basically if things get messy it is a foolproof way of verifying that you have the proper ROM. Probably not needed but at this point I am grasping at anything to try and make this work for you. I am trying to track down one or two of the big guns(mods) to step in as we are already way past my knowledge for trouble shooting.

I am at a complete loss.

Last edited:

liquid85

Apr 5, 2011
Well I really appreciate your help so far. I redownloaded the roms. I tried rc4 and nightly 38. It still didn't work but I did get a different error. Instead of just installation aborted I got "assert failed:getprop" then a bunch of stuf followed by E:error in /sdcard/updatecm7rc4 (status 7) Installation aborted.

liquid85

Apr 5, 2011
I got it to work. I think I figured out the problem. On my mac When I would download the zip file it would automatically unzip it. Then I would zip it before I put it on the sd card. That must have been messing something up because I turned off that feature and now I'm just waiting to get past the cm7 load screen. Thanks so much for your help.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Wheeeeeeeeeee! Hooooooooooo! :mad:Lousy Mac's!:mad: Just Kidding. But had I known you were using a Mac I probably would have figured that out in a flash.:eek:

Well we got you there! :cool:It wasn't pretty but at least you have arrived:cool: Enjoy your bada** NC CM7! And might I suggest doing a nandroid back-up right directly;).

Get yourself on nightlies and enjoy the tablet tweaks. And make sure from here on out that your Mac doesn't unzip your dl's automatically!!!!! It'll make things easier on everybody!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Happy to help.

Cheers,

LS

liquid85

Apr 5, 2011
Thanks a lot man I appreciate it. If you update to the new nightlies does that erase your apps and settings? Again I really appreciate your help.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
No worries, and no once you are on a CM7 ROM, RC or nightlies you should be able to update and keep everything the same. Least a ways I have been able to.

My routine is as follows>Make sure you have all the relevant zip's on your sd, ROM, Gapps, OC kernal(if using) re-boot into recovery>install zip from sd> choose zip> CM7>yes install> then back to install zip from sd>gapps>yes install> back to install from sd> oc kernal if using> yes> after you finish with the installs tap the power button to get to main menu> press n to re-boot. Always let the system settle, might take up to 10-15 min. After that you should be all set. As I have mentioned here and in other threads I don't wipe anything when flashing nightlies and I have yet to lose any settings data etc. Your experience may vary but it has always worked for me.

If you go into the CyanogenMod settings= settings>cyanogenmod setitings>system>update notifications>register(you must have wifi access for this to work) then you will get push notifications when a new nightly is available. You can then perform the install directly or automagically from the ROM manager app. This is by far the easiest way to update and it is why I am on the nightlies. Well that and I like the bleeding edge. The tablet tweaks are the shizzle.

One warning it will ask you if you want to wipe DON"T or you will lose your settings/data etc. Also this will dl and install Gapps but not the oc kernal you will have to install that manually.
CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Encore this is the changelog for the nightly updates if you want to follow whats happening or have an issue and are wondering if it has been solved you can watch for it here. [NIGHTLY] [CM7] Discussion of Nightlies - CyanogenMod Forum this is the CM7 nightly forum. Abide by the rules but if you have any issues that We can't solve you can post in this thread and probably get some help.

Glad I could help and enjoy your NC.