Installed Phiremod Beta 2.........

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
And now it's just sitting there on the "A N D R O I D _" thing.. I wiped system, data, cache and davlik cache, flashed the ROM and everythign seemed to go ok.. Now it's just flashing.

1 - How long is normal?

2 - If 10 minutes is longer than normal, any idea what I did wrong?

I did flash the new Phiremod v5.1 earlier and that went smoothly for me. I also flash the update-Froyo_CM7-dalingrin-OC-emmc-022511 kernel at that time. I assume when you wipe everything, the kernel goes too and has to be re-flashed.. Right?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
That is too long. Yep, those wipes should have taken care of everything. I suggest trying to reboot from the stuck screen (hold power and then turn back on) and see what happens. If that doesn't work you can try the flash again.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Ok, flashed it again, same thing.. Rebooted, same thing..

Would there be any need to format boot before flashing? I ask, because I formatted boot by mistake a couple nights ago and had to restore it with an img that Faceman provided. Sould that flashed boot be causing a problem?

I'm going to give up on beta2 for now and give 5.1 another whirl..

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I don't think that flashing boot matters but I'll let others chime in on that. Seems like you are having issues changing between the ext3 & ext4 ROMs. In theory this shouldn't be a problem but I could see how one little missed step might lead to problems. I would just advise you to make sure you follow the steps for flashing ROMs to a T. I am sure one of the others might be able to offer something more specific.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I think that might very well be the issue J5...or the beta2 zip file is corrupt. Have you tried re-downloading the file?