Installed System Dump on Coby Kyros MID7048, but Touchscreen Does Not Respond

Shenmue191078

Aug 2, 2013
I installed system.tgz files, boot.img, bootloader.img by fastboot, and income by OS perfectly, but when I start the selected language tablet touchscreen does not respond and does not pass that screen, how could I fix it?

Shenmue191078

Aug 2, 2013
yes vampirefo that is the problem, but in case you could get me the files (boot.img, bootloader.img and system.tgz) for the MID7046 Please, really is my best option but I'll have to buy another tablet

Shenmue191078

Aug 2, 2013
I have searched the system dump of 7046 all over the internet for days and not find it, no one has even upload yet,
I'm really worried, and use fastboot no problem, I really need is the firmware dump the mid7046, please vampirefo help me i beg you

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You made no backup of your tablet, nothing anyone can do. Your wifi will now work, if you have the cables you can hook up a mouse to the tablet and navigate that way.

Sent from my SPH-D710 Android Phone

Shenmue191078

Aug 2, 2013
vampirefo what would happen if I install the system dump of a mid7034 to my 7046? also ask because the 7034 is single touch, in this forum one person upload a system dump of 7034, would serve me to flash my 7046? both coby kyros are single touch

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
No ideal what would happen, my guess same as you have now, and your hard keys wont work correctly.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Maybe, I didn't see a bootloader though. Worth a try at this point.

Shenmue191078

Aug 2, 2013
works!!!!! the touchscreen woks very good, but the wifi don't work :(, says mac address and ip addres in gray i can't turn on the wifi, only i need a mid7034 rom.zip because i flash with the system dump of 7034 but i install the 7048 rom.zip

Shenmue191078

Aug 2, 2013
only i need activate my wifi, everything else works perfectly!!!! what I can do to activate my wifi, some options please vampirefo

network notification also is in grey and i can't change, keep in "Turning Wi-Fi on..." and don't pass of this process,

Last edited:

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
only i need activate my wifi, everything else works perfectly!!!! what I can do to activate my wifi, some options please vampirefo

network notification also is in grey and i can't change, keep in "Turning Wi-Fi on..." and don't pass of this process,
-------------------------------------------
Firstly, from all the many posts you made, I can tell your a "hasty" type person. Hasty people tend to jump the gun, and make a lot of mistakes. I'm not trying to belittle you. You just need to be more patient. There are MANY good people in this world willing to help you with problems YOU create for yourself. So SLOW DOWN!!! Try to be a little more calm/patient. Don't panic when things don't happen as fast as YOU want them to. Slow down, even a little.
I'm working to create a cwm backup/restore for you, and a (MUCH NEEDED) dump that you better slow down and make next time before you decide to go changing anyone else' tablet.(even your little girl's)
So give me just a little more time to get a good dump from my mid7046. Again, I already made a cwm restore for the 7046. But you MUST have a working clockworkmod recovery for the tablet first. This will allow you to use the cwm restore (backup) I made of my tablet, and if it might not work, at least you can get the tablet back to where it is now.(warm smilz) You can't just throw ANY other system dump or cwm for other tablets, and expect them to work. As stated in other posts, it's A LOT like putting a Chevy/Ford/Dodge V-8 engine in a Volkswagen Bug, and expecting it to not damage the frame/body of the car, when it wasn't meant for that small chassis to begin with. Like putting oil instead of gasoline in your gas tank, etc. You need to be more careful what you do, and be A LOT more patient!(smilz)

Last edited:

mcclain_ts

Aug 29, 2013
Another point is...

IF this all works out for you, and you ARE able to restore your tablet to the working condition, you REALLY need to thank Vampirefo. Because without him taking his valuable time to create software and methods(and others like him) NONE of this fix/repair for A LOT of these tablets just wouldn't be possible.