Installing KKROMKIT and CWM9 Questions

fikmystero

Jul 24, 2012
Hello there everyone,

I'm pretty new to this and am trying to actually upgrade my firmware to the one that KK posted.

Here are a few questions that I have:

1) How do I actually install the KKROMKIT? I tried downloading it and storing it in my sdcard but when I search for the file in my sd card on my tablet, it shows nothing.

2) I saw some of the tutorials on how to upgrade it but got abit confused so I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

Specs of Tablet:
Teclast P76TI
Android Version: 2.3.4
Baseband Version: V4.02_20120306
Kernel Version: 2.6.36-android pengb@admin#4
Build number: crane_p76ti-eng 2.3.4 GRJ22 eng.pengb.20120306.192600 test-keys

I'm not sure if the above description will help in understanding my problem but I really hope it does though! Cheers! =)

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
What's the CWM9 that you are referring to?

The KKRomkit is an android application, you just need to install it after you have place it in your p76ti. Once you installed the application, there is an option to install CWM and another to boot into CWM. Take note that after installing CWM for the first time, do a normal reboot/shutdown before using the "Boot into CWM" option.

Btw, if you are interested, there is already a CM9(ICS) for p76ti available.

fikmystero

Jul 24, 2012
Thanks for the info KK. I managed to read up more on how to install the KKROMKIT thanks to you. I'm currently sticking to to version Gingerbread (2.3.4) as I was told that the ICS version for P76TI was not stable as of yet.

Regarding your question, I had mixed up CWM and CM9! Sorry about that! Noobish of me!

If I wanted to stick to the current version (2.3.4), I can use your the files that you posted in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-unofficial-cyanogenmod-7-2-0-kk-edition.html right?

Lastly, do I need have an existing ICS before installing CM9? I am rather interested in the CM9 as well.

Thanks for the help so far KK! I really appreciate it! ;)

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Thanks for the info KK. I managed to read up more on how to install the KKROMKIT thanks to you. I'm currently sticking to to version Gingerbread (2.3.4) as I was told that the ICS version for P76TI was not stable as of yet.

Regarding your question, I had mixed up CWM and CM9! Sorry about that! Noobish of me!

If I wanted to stick to the current version (2.3.4), I can use your the files that you posted in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-unofficial-cyanogenmod-7-2-0-kk-edition.html right?

Lastly, do I need have an existing ICS before installing CM9? I am rather interested in the CM9 as well.

Thanks for the help so far KK! I really appreciate it! ;)

Yes, you can just install CWM and then flash CM7 zip file directly. Its not really true, CM9 which is on beta 7 is actually quite stable but I have not post it here as p76ti interest seem to have died down. :)

By the way, CM10 beta for p76ti might also be available though hardware video acceleration might be tough.

fikmystero

Jul 24, 2012
Thanks alot KK! That really helped me! I'll try it out and shall post my results here shortly! =)

Cheers!

fikmystero

Jul 24, 2012
Hey there KK! I ran into abit of trouble! I ran romkit and installed the CWM. After that I did a normal reboot which was fine. Then I tried to reboot into CWM but my screen won't switch on. Any idea what I can do? Thanks! =)

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Hey there KK! I ran into abit of trouble! I ran romkit and installed the CWM. After that I did a normal reboot which was fine. Then I tried to reboot into CWM but my screen won't switch on. Any idea what I can do? Thanks! =)

hmm... thats very strange. The only reason was that the CWM did not get installed properly. I am afraid that you have to reflash using the official v3.0.4 roms to recover.

here's a copy of the rom: P76TI-V3.04-1770.rar

fikmystero

Jul 24, 2012
Sorry KK! I don't really understand chinese. When I clicked on the link, it gave me a chinese webby.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Sorry KK! I don't really understand chinese. When I clicked on the link, it gave me a chinese webby.

try this : P76ti V3 04 1770 (190.3 Mb) Download

To flash:

1. Install livesuite software
2. open it up and select image
3. connect usb cable to p76ti
4. Hold the power button for more than 10 secs
5. use a needle pin and depress a small hole at the back near the power/menu button
6. press the power button for 4 sec and release.
7. it should prompt you to install usb driver and then it will start flashing

fikmystero

Jul 24, 2012
Worked like a charm for me! Thanks alot KK! Is it possible for me to ask for the CM9 as well?

Just to make sure that I do not make the same mistake for installing CM9:

1) If I'm running on ICS and would like to install your CM9, I must first install KKROMKIT.

2) If it's my first time installing your CM9, I have do do a normal boot then after which I have do reboot in CWM from KKROMKIT.

3) What's next? I'm stuck at that point.

KK, thanks for taking your time to teach me. I really appreciate it!:D

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Worked like a charm for me! Thanks alot KK! Is it possible for me to ask for the CM9 as well?

Just to make sure that I do not make the same mistake for installing CM9:

1) If I'm running on ICS and would like to install your CM9, I must first install KKROMKIT.

2) If it's my first time installing your CM9, I have do do a normal boot then after which I have do reboot in CWM from KKROMKIT.

3) What's next? I'm stuck at that point.

KK, thanks for taking your time to teach me. I really appreciate it!:D

No, CM9 required a 4.0 based official firmware. The steps are the same except that you need a Romkit9 which is for ICS.

I would like you find out if you are a rev 1 or 2 p76ti. Go to an android terminal software and do a "getevent". You need to know if you are a goodix or ft5x touchscreen.

fikmystero

Jul 24, 2012
I managed to check out the version of my touchscreen.

It's goodix.

When I typed out the command it says this:
Goodix-TS 2-0055: Gt80x Version: GT801_1R0B_2011121501_Goodix_Tech.

Next up is getting a ROMKIT 9 for ICS right? And then I would need the CM software also?

Btw, if I wanted to install the roms, would I need to use Livesuit as well?

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
I managed to check out the version of my touchscreen.

It's goodix.

When I typed out the command it says this:
Goodix-TS 2-0055: Gt80x Version: GT801_1R0B_2011121501_Goodix_Tech.

Next up is getting a ROMKIT 9 for ICS right? And then I would need the CM software also?

Btw, if I wanted to install the roms, would I need to use Livesuit as well?

Thats' good. It mean that you have a revision 1 and does not need to apply any touchscreen patch to update to CM9.

You required it as there is a need to flash to a 4.0 based official firmware. The partition structure for 2.3 and 4.0 has changed so you cannot directly update to CM9 using a 2.3 rom.