Installing New Games On Tablet From PC Without WiFi

prady123

Jul 17, 2012
Hi All,

I am new to Android applications. I bought new Tablet with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich OS. I have internet in my home with USB. Don't have Wifi. I want to know how to install games in my tablet from PC.

I tried to copy some photos and Songs. I am able to see photos and able to play songs.
I tried to download Angrybirds in my PC and copied into Tablet. I am able to see Angrybirds folder in Tablet. But, couldn't find install option anywhere.

Please let me know how to install games in Tablet.

Regards
Prady

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

So, in order to install an app on an android tablet, you need to get the installation file which instead of being a .exe (windows executable) it is an .apk file. Once you download this file, transfer to your tablet and then you should be able to install it. Finding these for some apps can be tricky. It is not possible to just download the apk file from the Play Store and copy it to your tablet.

Other ideas:
- if your PC has a WiFi card in it (laptops do) you can install Connectify on your laptop to create a WiFi access point to get your tablet online through your laptop. (You only need the free version).

- Try connecting your tablet to your PC via USB cable. Then go to Settings - Wireless & Networks - More... - Tethering & portable hotspot - USB Tethering - Tick the box
Next, your PC will install a driver for this new LAN connection. Once installed, go to your network settings of the control panel. Right click on the LAN connection that was newly created (Should mention something about USB or Android) and select Properties. Go to the Sharing tab and tick the box to enable sharing, select your LAN connection (I assume this is how your PC gets online if no wireless) and hit OK
F2wOY.png

Now your tablet should be able to get online through the USB using your PC.

prady123

Jul 17, 2012
Hi All,

I am new to Android applications. I bought new Tablet with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich OS. I have internet in my home with USB. Don't have Wifi. I want to know how to install games in my tablet from PC.

I tried to copy some photos and Songs. I am able to see photos and able to play songs.
I tried to download Angrybirds in my PC and copied into Tablet. I am able to see Angrybirds folder in Tablet. But, couldn't find install option anywhere.

Please let me know how to install games in Tablet.

Regards
Prady

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I downloaded .apk files into my PC. And copied to Tablet. Tried to install from Tablet. But got "Problem Parsing package error". Couldn't resolve issue.

Even tried to install Certify for Wifi. After downloading Certify my internet was not working. Couldn't resolve this issue as well. Please assist me.

Jurek

Jul 20, 2012
Frederuco said:
Welcome to the forum!

So, in order to install an app on an android tablet, you need to get the installation file which instead of being a .exe (windows executable) it is an .apk file. Once you download this file, transfer to your tablet and then you should be able to install it. Finding these for some apps can be tricky. It is not possible to just download the apk file from the Play Store and copy it to your tablet.

Other ideas:
- if your PC has a WiFi card in it (laptops do) you can install Connectify on your laptop to create a WiFi access point to get your tablet online through your laptop. (You only need the free version).

- Try connecting your tablet to your PC via USB cable. Then go to Settings - Wireless & Networks - More... - Tethering & portable hotspot - USB Tethering - Tick the box
Next, your PC will install a driver for this new LAN connection. Once installed, go to your network settings of the control panel. Right click on the LAN connection that was newly created (Should mention something about USB or Android) and select Properties. Go to the Sharing tab and tick the box to enable sharing, select your LAN connection (I assume this is how your PC gets online if no wireless) and hit OK

Now your tablet should be able to get online through the USB using your PC.

$ForumRunner_20120720_195122.png

$ForumRunner_20120720_195122.png