Installing new internal MicroSd on Kyros 1024_N

ray_jai

Feb 7, 2012
I replaced the 4gb with a 16gb, and I restored the image using USB Image Tool. but it only restores the 4gb, the rest is unallocated. When i Resize the Fat partition, it gets stuck on boot loop.

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
I replaced the 4gb with a 16gb, and I restored the image using USB Image Tool. but it only restores the 4gb, the rest is unallocated. When i Resize the Fat partition, it gets stuck on boot loop.

I don;t think that will work. When you use a tool like that it creates an image of the disk. When it restores it only restores what it believes the disk to be.

You could try using EASEUS and resize the partition but I can't be sure it will still work. The way to do it is replace the card in the tablet then reimage by placing the image files on another microsd in the external port and reimage normally.

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
Just follow the instruction in any of the CFW in this sub forum.I use Evo right now. Or you could get the stock 2.2 from Coby.

paolorenzo

May 3, 2012
I picked up a 16Gb Class-10 microSD, so I am thinking of upgrading my internal SD card.

What do I need to do before replacing the internal 4Gb card? Should I format the 16Gb before installing? What format? FAT32? NTFS? EXT2?

apolake

Jun 26, 2012
I picked up a 16Gb Class-10 microSD, so I am thinking of upgrading my internal SD card.

What do I need to do before replacing the internal 4Gb card? Should I format the 16Gb before installing? What format? FAT32? NTFS? EXT2?

hi,
i just did this on a coby 1024N, replace the stock 4g with 8g and all i did was format to Fat32, after formatting the card i placed the empty micro sd back. than, with another card put the CFW file and put that card in the external slot then proceeded in flashing the firmware.
success! internal sdcard size change. however, external is still non functional.

*"this worked for me, be advice that you take full responsibility if it does not work for you"
** at first i thought that i had to create a partition, but the tablet actually partition the card automatically.