Installing/Rooting with Clockwork Recovery - should I perform a factory reset first?

arrjaytea

Mar 8, 2011
Well, pretty much the worst has occurred. Nook will no longer even turn on after a reboot from Clockwork based on an SD card.

I really don't know what to do - I hesitate to call the device bricked, because I'm sure there's something - but yeah, she won't even turn on. :(

arrjaytea

Mar 8, 2011
Edit: Welp, I'm an idiot, and it took me almost two hours to track down this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=949699

We'll see what happens tonight.

From the tech forum:

Basically I had been running phiremod v2, used the bootable CWM found here [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats) - xda-developers to format the SD card I had in the machine, removed it, and on reboot - nothing. No power, no screen, no nothing. Not even a bootable SD will run.

In each of the other threads I've seen with similar symptoms, the result is almost always that someone gets an SD card to boot - I can't seem to do that.

Am I just missing a painfully obvious solution, or should I get this puppy returned (brand new)?
Worth noting that I am within the 14 day return window...

Last edited:

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Make sure it is charged. It all the futzing, the battery may have drained down.

Also...you can take your cable to your PC and when you plug the nc in, does your comp even try and recognize a device plugged in?

arrjaytea

Mar 8, 2011
Nah, I think I have to do the full on recovery noted in the Dummies guide to "My Nook Won't Boot" thread at the XDA forums or maybe your restoration FAQ?