Installing Software

gwolgamott

Dec 25, 2011
I have purchased two 8" tablets and would like to download Word or equivalent software, but cannot figure it out.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A so that someone can help you out, but you're going to have to reply to this thread with more information about your tablets and exactly what the problem is. Good luck!

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Are you referring to Microsoft Word? If so then you cannot install that on an Android device. It would be like trying to install it on a Mac. Word was written for Windows. Although you can get a Mac version. But there are some great counterparts for Word that will read and write Word documents and are real Word docs. The one I use is Documents to Go by DataViz. It is available on the market. There is also QuickOffice, Office Suite, and others. But For my money I would buy the Documents to Go. I have been using it for years. As far back as the old Palm Pilot days. So they are not new to the portable market.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Thumbs up for documents to go. I've also used it since my palm days.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum