Installing the real market

Zippoku

Jun 11, 2011
Hi friends, sorry my english, im from Argentina.
I found the easy way to install the google market into this tablets.

**Disclaimer**

If you brick your tablet i will not be held liable in any way, shape, fashion, or form so proceed at your own risk

**Disclaimer**

1) Root your tablet with universalandroot-1.6.2-beta5.apk
UniversalAndroot-1.6.2-beta5.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
2) Install Root Explorer
Root.Explorer.v2.7.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
3) Install this Gmail app
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=405632&d=1285119323
4) Download this zip file http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4ZZWSZKU to your PC and copy the 4 files into the /system/app with Root Explorer into the /system/app of the tablet.
5) Install first GoogleServicesFramework, then MarketUpdater and then vending. Exit the root explorer.
6) Add your Google account following this video
7) Restart your tablet and clic the Market Icon !! Its all !!!

Notes: If your market app ask for your Gmail account and not connect, create a new account like [email protected] next , next, next and Finish !

Good Luck !!

Last edited by a moderator:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
What is the difference that makes it work? Are Paid apps showing?

Update: The Gmail.apk application is exactly the same as the version that is installed with the 2.2 update. Files A and B are binary equal. There is no difference as they are both Version 2.3.

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Maybe its to install a new version of the market, i tried to install the latest version doing tne procedure that you maded, but i had no luck, it install but whenever you want to download any file an error shows up and the download is cut

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet

Zippoku

Jun 11, 2011
What is the difference that makes it work? Are Paid apps showing?

Update: The Gmail.apk application is exactly the same as the version that is installed with the 2.2 update. Files A and B are binary equal. There is no difference as they are both Version 2.3.

No paid apps showing, but the market its working very well !!!
The gmail app is not installed by default in my SytaB10MT so i need to install it.
Sorry my english.
Best regards, Zippo

Zippoku

Jun 11, 2011
Maybe its to install a new version of the market, i tried to install the latest version doing tne procedure that you maded, but i had no luck, it install but whenever you want to download any file an error shows up and the download is cut

Do it again. I bought 2 items ( one for my girlfriend and one for me ) and was Ok in the 2 units.
My firmware is 2.2 and my system is Sytab10mt.
Good Luck !

natura

Mar 3, 2011
Did not work for me either. I even did the 3 finger salute grrrrrrrr. Started from scratch and no go. All went as stated in the video too

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
So reported as working on a 10" and but not on a 7" tablet of the same underlying software, leads me to conclude as there are more 10" tablets than 7" it has either to do with the screen resolution or the version of GoogleServicesFramework.apk included in the archive is patched for a 10" device. On many of the 10" InfoTM devices their main concern for getting the appropriate update files is screen resolution x600 versus x576. The 7" tablet is 800 x480 so maybe this is the issue.

PS. Gmail is typically already installed however the icon may not appear on the application Home screen.

The Gmail application is not initially displayed on the main application window with Sylvania's (Digital Gadgets) Android 2.2 "Froyo".

To add Gmail to the main application menu follow these steps:
From the main app window -

• Touch the Menu icon in the top-right of the screen (represented by four horizontal lines) or Press the Menu button on the back of the tablet
• Touch the ‘Add Application’ icon on the bottom left

• Under Select Activity, select ‘Gmail’ and select.

The Gmail icon will now appear on the main screen.

Last edited:

Zippoku

Jun 11, 2011

Como va, ahi vi tu privado.
La version del Market es la 2.3.6
Lo demás lo hice como lo postee arriba y va como trompada !
Un abrazo!!

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
Hey, muchas gracias x tu pronta respuesta, entonces si es una actualizacion en el market; como te comenté el market que esta en el otro post es para poner el market con solo aplicaciones gratis, pero es la versión 1.83 y sinceramente he tratado de instalar la actualización pero se instala pero al tratar de bajar cualquier programa se corta; entonces este va de maravilla?

RJazz117

Jun 19, 2011
This procedure worked for me as described in the first post, the first time, without issue on my SYTAB10MT (Sylvania 10" Magni Tablet) except I couldn't copy the apk files to the /system/app directory. Instead, I installed them where they were (on a USB thumbdrive) and rebooted and the market just worked. I have yet to try to purchase an app, but the free ones install correctly.

tfurrows

Jun 15, 2011
I'll add one more confirmation, this worked perfectly on the SYTAB10MT. Also, I already had my account configured via the included email app, so I skipped that step. I did go into the Gmail app and setup through their though. It said in that app that my "phone" was now associated with my gmail account, not sure if that was necessary or not.

WORKING MARKET, THANK YOU!!!

Zippoku

Jun 11, 2011
I'll add one more confirmation, this worked perfectly on the SYTAB10MT. Also, I already had my account configured via the included email app, so I skipped that step. I did go into the Gmail app and setup through their though. It said in that app that my "phone" was now associated with my gmail account, not sure if that was necessary or not.

WORKING MARKET, THANK YOU!!!

Great man !!!!