Insurance/warranties

Blossom73

Sep 2, 2013
Morning all

Do you take out any policies to cover your tablets? I'm thinking if buying from PC World and taking out their Whatever Happens policy for £4.50 a month which will cover any accidents etc. Are they generally worth it for tablets? It's been a godsend for my decrepit laptop but am wondering if it's an unnecessary expense with a tablet.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Lots to consider here. First, remember, most tabs come with a one year warranty. So you pay 54 quid the first year for a tab that is at the end of the year worth roughly half what you paid. Year 2, you pay another 54 quid for a tab now worth 100 guineas at the start of the year.

The decision is personal, I don't buy it cause I feel if one takes extra care, many accidents can be avoided. And the way tech is advancing, 2years is an eternity.

Maybe we should ask the govt. to eliminate preconditions so we could all get insurance- after our tabs go bad. ;^)

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Morning all

Do you take out any policies to cover your tablets? I'm thinking if buying from PC World and taking out their Whatever Happens policy for £4.50 a month which will cover any accidents etc. Are they generally worth it for tablets? It's been a godsend for my decrepit laptop but am wondering if it's an unnecessary expense with a tablet.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

A tablet can fall and break just as easily as a laptop, maybe even easier, unless it's one of those rugged, heavy-duty ones used by the military. Definitely, a personal decision.