Internal, internal SD and external SD space on Lenovo A1

imageincdave

Jan 15, 2012
I was gifted a Lenovo A1 with 2 GB if internal memory. It is known as the internal SD card. I put in a 16 GB card that is known by the device as the external SD card. Is there a way to manage between the internal mem, internal SD and external SD? The device only give a choice between internal memory (Tablet) and internal SD. Is there a great Android App for this? Any help would be appreciated.

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
Just saw this post. The external SD card is used for music, photos, videos, etc. Some apps (like backup apps) can use the external SD card. Android doesn't provide a method to use the card for anything else. This is an Android limitation, not a Lenovo limitation.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
I got one of these tablets this week as well. Wish it had a bit more ram. But it seems to work well otherwise.
The internal memory vs internal SD are confusing me.
I look at the devices memory and I see 1.45 gig remaining in internal storage, and 12.24 remaining on internal SD.
What is the difference and what is each for?

Update.
Well I'm not sure what the difference is but it does have 16gigs, because it just keeps taking the apps I keep adding and the 12.24 is down to 12.17.
I am shocked that it is only down that much. I have no SD card in and I have added several games.
For such a small tablet with only a 1 gig single core and 512 megs of ram this tablet works far better than I would have ever expected.
If I had to rate it 1 to 5 stars it would have to get a 4.5. Two things keep it from getting a 5. Volume on the device is not nearly loud enough and the screen washes out moderate bright light.
But all things considered it is a fine tablet and I like it far better than the Kindle Fire which cost more than this tablet. And this is a real tablet not a glorified e-reader.

Last edited: