Internal Memory - 7022

stratic

Dec 19, 2011
I am currently unable to download apps because my Coby Kyros MID7022 says that it is low on internal storage. When I go to the menu, it says 248 of 258MBs are being used. This does not make much sense to me because the device is supposed to have 4GB. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it?

Sorry in advance if this can be easily solved and its just a misunderstanding on my part.

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
It does have 4gbs of storage, but the apps partition is only around 250mb.

Sent from my MID7022 using Tapatalk

Jan 9, 2012
Has anyone been able to download apps larger than 20mb on this device? I still can't.. and have tried clearing all cache, rebooting, and moving apps to my sd card. I am unrooted and have market installed. Keep getting the insufficient memory message, I have 160mb free of internal memory, should be enough to download a 25mb app right? What gives?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Use this command on Terminal Emulator:
Code:
df -h

or via adb:
Code:
adb shell df -h

and copy the results here...

ericw33

Dec 30, 2011
If it's like the MID 1125-4G just go to "settings", then "applications", then "manage applications".

Starting with the first icon select "Move to SD", then repeat for the list of downloaded apps.

* SD refers to INTERNAL memory card (it's 4 GB partitioned as ROM/APPS/SD). The external microSD is called a "TFLASH" in Gingerbread. For example, lets say I want to watch a video. I'll save it to TFLASH to watch later which is my 32 GB microSD card. It's also a bit "odd" how it names (say) thumb-drives.

I tend to do this process everytime I install a new application rather than all at once.

EW

Last edited:

Odd_Bob

Dec 18, 2011
Some apps warn you that they might become unstable or behave strangely when moved to the SD but will still allow you to do so. I move everything to SD when I can and haven't noticed any problems myself but it's something you should be aware of.