Internal SD Card Unmounted - Coby Kyros MID 7033-4

aurumasteri

Jul 14, 2013
Hi everyone...

I normally don't ask for help but just say goodbye to things that get ruined, but I want my tablet to work again so, here's the problem:
The SDcard (internal) appears as unmounted, it won't recognize an external SD Card and when I go into Settings->Storage, it crashes.

This is what I did:
  1. Connected the Tablet (without external SD card) to the computer and copied an .apk file to the tablet. I was stupid enough, though, to delete a folder called "external_sd", and I think that was the beginning of my problem, although...
  2. I installed the .apk file on the tablet and everything worked fine.
  3. Inserted the external SD card and the tablet didn't read it at all
  4. The previously-mentioned installed app now crashes when I try to open it, so I uninstalled it.
  5. Restarted tablet with external SD card inside
  6. Attempted to re-install the .apk from the internal SD card, but it showed as unreadable
  7. The external SD is still unreadable and the internal one doesn't get any better.

Tablet specs: Coby Kyros MID7033, ICS (4.0.3)

I honestly don't know what to do... Any help is greatly appreciated.
Let me know if you need more information.

Last edited:

jedeloach

Jul 15, 2013
im having similar problems on my mid 8048 my sd appears to be mounted but when i use an app such as gallery it says sd card unmounted or no external storage available .. idk what to do

aurumasteri

Jul 14, 2013
Exactly... Music doesn't seem to work either. It won't let me see "Storage" though. Can you get to Settings->Storage?

aurumasteri

Jul 14, 2013
Well it's in repair now... Hopefully, they'll tell me what was wrong with it so I can share...

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi everyone...

I normally don't ask for help but just say goodbye to things that get ruined, but I want my tablet to work again so, here's the problem:
The SDcard (internal) appears as unmounted, it won't recognize an external SD Card and when I go into Settings->Storage, it crashes.

This is what I did:
  1. Connected the Tablet (without external SD card) to the computer and copied an .apk file to the tablet. I was stupid enough, though, to delete a folder called "external_sd", and I think that was the beginning of my problem, although...
  2. I installed the .apk file on the tablet and everything worked fine.
  3. Inserted the external SD card and the tablet didn't read it at all
  4. The previously-mentioned installed app now crashes when I try to open it, so I uninstalled it.
  5. Restarted tablet with external SD card inside
  6. Attempted to re-install the .apk from the internal SD card, but it showed as unreadable
  7. The external SD is still unreadable and the internal one doesn't get any better.

Tablet specs: Coby Kyros MID7033, ICS (4.0.3)

I honestly don't know what to do... Any help is greatly appreciated.
Let me know if you need more information.

The ideal thing to do would have been to simply make a "external_sd" folder as this is what you deleted, No ideal why people delete folders from tablets as they are needed, if they weren't needed they wouldn't exist. Anyway your tablet is being repaired.