Internal SD upgrade.

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
I've said it before...my searching skills stink, so if this has been addressed forgive and inform me. Can the internal SD in a 7022 be upgraded to a larger size?

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
My understanding is that the internal 'SD' is actually soldered directly to the mainboard, assuming you were able to replace it you would probably need to modify your android install.

Sent from my slightly rooted Coby 7022

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
Sorry. What got me wondering was a comment I read somewhere (of course I can't remember where) where someone was removing the internal memory. At the time I didn't realize how important that info might be, so I went on. I should have known Coby wouldn't make it THAT easy, with an onboard memory amount selection option in SETTINGS maybe. LOL. Why is all this common sense stuff not done? I guess that's why I'm not in system design. :)

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Sorry. What got me wondering was a comment I read somewhere (of course I can't remember where) where someone was removing the internal memory. At the time I didn't realize how important that info might be, so I went on. I should have known Coby wouldn't make it THAT easy, with an onboard memory amount selection option in SETTINGS maybe. LOL. Why is all this common sense stuff not done? I guess that's why I'm not in system design. :)

well if coby would release firmware then someone could make it possible to reformat all the partitions for more size which would be really cool. Took them a long time to release 7024/8024 firmware so for coby 7022 probably even longer/if at all :(

I believe it was possible to replace internal sd card on older 1st gen coby models