Internet browsing fine but play store...not so much

trainerames

Jan 31, 2013
My tablet browses just fine, internet connection is just fine. The minute I go to get into the Play Store it says I have no connection. My son is going nuts because he can't do his Minecraft update! LOL Any advice would be appreciated!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The best suggestion I can give is to go to settings - apps - all. Find the Store app and tap it. Clear the cache, force close and restart your tablet. I assume it was working at one point?

trainerames

Jan 31, 2013
Yes, it was working. He has had it about a month and has had no problems. Downloaded a new game and now he can't get into Play store.

Tried your suggestion. Unfortunately to no avail. Thank you for trying, though!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Lets take the next step. If the Store app says there is data clear that as well. Then fond the Google Services Framework and do the same thing then restart again.

trainerames

Jan 31, 2013
thank you Leeshor. I didn't see that you had given me more advice. I am clearing both now. Still saying no connection :-(

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
thank you Leeshor. I didn't see that you had given me more advice. I am clearing both now. Still saying no connection :-(

But you can browse without a problem? If so go to the Google app and see if it allows you to uninstall updates.

trainerames

Jan 31, 2013
It doesn't seem that I can uninstall updates. At least I can't find a spot that gives me the option. :-/

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you tap on the Google app and it has updated it will offer the option to uninstall updates in the upper right of that screen. With everything else operating the options are starting to get slim. Try deleting your Google account on the tablet, restart it, then add the account back in.

Last edited: