internet browsing

Discussion in 'Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum' started by blublazxs7, Jan 16, 2012.

1. blublazxs7

blublazxs7 Member

Tablet / Device:
    acer a500
    is there a way to prevent mobile websites loading when web browsing instead of full websites

2. sherri64

sherri64 Senior Member

In the settings of the browser, there should be an area for UI. Choose "desktop"...

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

3. scubaboyc

scubaboyc Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    acer iconia A500
    In the address bar of the stock browser, type - about:debug - then go to Setting - Debug - UAString and change it to Desktop - then type about:debug in the address bar again. Any browser you get from the Market should have some way to change the "view" or "UAString" to desktop.
    That being said, some sites just know you are on a mobile platform and push the mobile version no matter what. Unless I missed a memo, Hulu doesn't work on any browser, unless rooted. There are several threads dealing with how to get Hulu working.
    The browser that gives me the least amount of trouble is Opera. I can watch almost anything I want to. There's been a hiccup lately with Syfy. I try to watch episodes on Rewind and I get "this video is not optimized for mobile" every now and then. It crashes when that pops up, but works the next time. That and Trailer Addict always has a grey bar in the middle of the trailer.

4. blublazxs7

blublazxs7 Member

Tablet / Device:
    acer a500
    worked thanks