Internet connectivity problems

Arishka

Mar 25, 2013
Hi there

I have just purchased the Note 10.1 and i am loving it so far. The only problem i have is trying to connect to the internet via wi-fi.
I can connect to my modem wirelessly but i cannot surf the web. The modem is not a problem as i can access internet from another device when connected wirelessly.
Maybe the settings are not correct on the Note. Any suggestions?

Thanks

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Arishka

The fact that other devices connect does not mean the problem is NOT with the modem. I have a link below with some suggestions that would probably solve the connection issue. There really is only one thing I could suggest on the tablet. Use your computer to find the IP and DNS/gateway information by running "ipconfig /all" at a command prompt and use that information to input fixed IP and DNS info in your tablet. A long press of the WiFi connection will bring up settings then advanced to manually input the addresses.

In the router there are a number of things that could keep an Android tablet from from surfing including the type of security you are using.

james871

Mar 27, 2013
I guess that it could be setting issue. Your wireless should have user name and password, did you fill in them correctly?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Someone on another thread turned off WMM on the modem and that worked.

I'm not as keen to turn OFF DHCP though. It is more likely that your password/passkey is incorrect, possibily the user name as well. Check those first. It could also be the firewall could be blocking it - may need to make an exception for the tablet's IP.

Another procedure is to turn off all wireless devices, hard wired computers and etc.
Then POWERCYCLE the modem. Turn on the hardwired devices. Then turn on tablet and try to browse.
If tablet is okay, turn on all your other wireless devices. This should work.

More than likely you have a IP conflict.

Douvie.