Internet Connectivity

asdamp

Feb 9, 2011
Hi!

Sorry for my bad English, from sweden.;)

So I bought this flytouch 2. Did not have high expectations on it due it's from china. But what the heck i thought.:eek: It works really fine actually, except for one thing. I cant browse the internet...

So the device finds my WiFi and I'm connected with medium signal strength (50%) and i can browse the gmail-app, send emails and receive emails. But i cant browse the internet, the youtube-app or the android market..

Any ideas?:confused:

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
You can slide the panel to the left one which contains the google icon, click inside it and when the keyboard pops up type your interest OR you can click on the browser icon in the opening panel and use that. They are a great little item these chinese jobs.

asdamp

Feb 9, 2011
Did not work. =/

"Web page not available" Is it a settings-issue? Or is maybe hardware related? That would be strange though beacuse i can check my mail...

bustanut666

Jan 25, 2011
what firmware build are you running.. for market, try to remove it and then reinstall it.. if that works, try downloading skyfire browser.. faster than built in browser..

you should just try to put a new firmware build on it.. maybe 1561..

asdamp

Feb 9, 2011
It looks like I'm running "2.1-update1" How can i update when i cant reach the internet?

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
Mine sometimes shows "website not available" but i click on it anyway and sometimes it works. Its a network problem. not a pad problem.

asdamp

Feb 9, 2011
How can it be a network problem? It works on my netbook and all my pc's. And it does not "work some time". =( If that were the case I would be happy.

Read something about a Linux/Router firewall blocked the usage of internet. Could this be the case? Can I forward a port and it will work? Wich port could that be in this senario?

Thanks for all the help

Ikearat

Dec 27, 2010
DNS problem of some sort.
Try this,
Go look in your WiFi Router's settings and see that you have manually entered the DNS servers you want to use. (usually these are the ones provided by your Internet service provider) Don't rely on the router doing this by it's self.
Then check to see that when a machine connects to the router those DNS IP addresses are passed to the machine.
I tried to do this directly on my FlyTouch2 tablet but there does not seem to be anyplace to do this... it's happening behind the user interface and I can't get to it (this is one of my pet peeves about Android, user is "protected" from the goings-on)
Also, to confirm you can or could actually get to the net, use the IP address for a known server. I tried twitter.com at 128.242.240.148
Good Luck!

asdamp

Feb 9, 2011
hi!

Thanks to all the replies. I "unchecked" the static ip in config and now every thing works like a charm. ;)

Typing from it now.