[Internet issue]Please help me out!

insanehadi

Oct 17, 2012
Im begging you guys for help.
The internet on my note 10.1 is becoming unbearably slow. Google play apps takes more then 10 minutes to download "5-8 mbs", internet browsing is really slow. Internet keeps disconnecting and giving me an Authentication failed error "I'm sure I have the right password since it works with other devices" or a network disabled error, poor connection. Could anyone please help me? I tried rebooting the device, wiping cache.

Please help me out!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Check out the WiFi problems link in my signature, below.

insanehadi

Oct 17, 2012
Thank you for the reply Lee, but I think I already tried most of these solutions.
anything else pops into your mind? $Screenshot_2012-10-18-10-53-55.png$Screenshot_2012-10-18-10-54-11.png$Screenshot_2012-10-18-10-54-21.png$Screenshot_2012-10-18-10-54-27.png
Hope these would help you figure out an issue.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That's pretty poor. It certainly isn't a channel conflict but the signal is terrible. You didn't say how far you were from your router but what I see there would be typical of something far far away. I'm thinking you need to find a public WiFi hotspot or a friend's WiFi to eliminate your tablet as the problem but my guess is that you might need a new(er) router, or newer firmware in the router.

Those charts are so poor I won't even ask how fast your Internet is supposed to be, yet. ;)

insanehadi

Oct 17, 2012
That's pretty poor. It certainly isn't a channel conflict but the signal is terrible. You didn't say how far you were from your router but what I see there would be typical of something far far away. I'm thinking you need to find a public WiFi hotspot or a friend's WiFi to eliminate your tablet as the problem but my guess is that you might need a new(er) router, or newer firmware in the router.

Those charts are so poor I won't even ask how fast your Internet is supposed to be, yet. ;)

I was right beside the router when those readings were taken. Internet speed is in fact slow, but not as slow as it is now.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I was right beside the router when those readings were taken. Internet speed is in fact slow, but not as slow as it is now.

I was asking about what the real speed it supposed to be. How fast/slow is it from a wired PC?

You may still want to try changing the channel and disable security long enough to see if that's a problem. I assume you tried the other tricks in my tips thread and that you restarted the router.

insanehadi

Oct 17, 2012
I was asking about what the real speed it supposed to be. How fast/slow is it from a wired PC?

You may still want to try changing the channel and disable security long enough to see if that's a problem. I assume you tried the other tricks in my tips thread and that you restarted the router.

After changing the channel to "1", I am getting higher download speeds"actually they are the same as the wired desktop that I have". Hopefully, i think the problem is fixed by just changing the channel. Now, I'm waiting to see if the internet disconnects as I use it.