Internet Tablet.. Network Issue

GIP

May 28, 2011
I have a Archos 28 Internet Tablet. I have used this tablet to connect and surf the web on a few different wireless networks in the past. However, recently I have encountered a problem. When trying to connect to my wireless network I get obtaining address... then it displays remembered, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK.

The device never actually connects; I have no internet access.

I have tried deleting all saved networks and then entering in the network and password. I have good signal strength running a Netgear DD-WRT with DHCP.

toomuch

May 21, 2011
I am pretty new to all this but I had a problem with my tablet an wifi.
There are probably people who are smarter than me out there but for a temporary solution try logging in to your wifi router from your PC and removing all security so it is an open network, then see if you can connect.
Then you can re enable your security.
I'll be honest when I say I just re enabled mine with WEP only, it worked for me.
Good luck but also someone else may be able to help you better than I can.

GIP

May 28, 2011
Alright that was a smart idea I haven't thought about. Turning security to open did not solve my problem. Same exact problem. The signal strength looks low looking at the wifi bars but im sitting across from the router.

toomuch

May 21, 2011
Oh, well the last thing I would try then is to delete the network "Forget Network" and wipe it, then reboot the tablet and make a new connection.
After this, if that doesn't work I would be stumped.

GIP

May 28, 2011
I have tried reformatting and defaulting all settings with no luck. Is there a way to load a hacked os or different fw to this tablet. Maybe a ne driver could solve this problem.

GIP

May 28, 2011
Thanks for the link.

However!

I got my internet working again. Turns out it had nothing to do with the Tablet but rather some settings with my router. I returned my DD-WRT to factory defaults and reloaded my wpa password as before and the bad setting was defaulted, still using DD-WRT.

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
I use 2 different routes mainly. The one i at my home I have no problems with, my Nookcolor finds it every time, but when I go to my store I have to unplug my router, then replug it in for my NC to use wifi.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum