Intex Launching An 8-Inch Android Tablet in India; Called the i-Tab

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Intex-i-Tab.jpg

There is a new tab that will be hitting the streets in India very soon. It is called the "i-Tab", and it is from a company called Intex. The 8-inch tablet will debut for Rs. 11,900 (roughly $235 USD), and as an introductory offer, will include a bundling with an Intex 3G data card, a LAN Adaptor, a leather cover and a pair of Reebok Sunglasses at no extra cost. Here's a quote from the article with some details followed by a spec breakdown:

Sanjay Kumar, GM, Mobile Business, Intex Technologies (India) Ltd., said, "Intex has been offering affordable user-friendly products across various categories for over 16 years now and our loyal customer base is a living testimonial to our claim. Empowering and delighting our customers through technology has been at the core of all our offerings. This makes us consistently innovate and diversify into newer portfolios enabling customers to harness the power of computing technology. The i-Tab will surely offer an engaging, entertaining and enriching experience for our customers."

"The Intex i-Tab is a unique 8-inch multifunctional tablet, which will cater to a wide spectrum of customers. While it will be a one-stop shop for young urban professionals on the move, it will also fulfill the ever evolving professional and personal needs of youth in mid tier cities. The tablet would also come in handy for college going youth, housewives and children who are looking for an ideal entertainment gadget. Intex is looking at expanding its tablet portfolio in the coming months with introduction of newer models with in-built 3G as well as other form factors such as a 7-inch and 10-inch" model," added Kumar.
  • 2.3 version Android/Gingerbread
  • 1 GHz cortex A8 core processor
  • 512 MB DDR3 RAM
  • 8-inch capacitive two point touch screen display
  • 360 degree G-Sensor feature
  • Storage capacity of 8 GB, expandable up to 32 GB
  • 5000mAh battery giving it a back up of 5-6 hours
  • Wi-Fi support
  • Connects with a 3G network by using the Intex dongle
  • One USB port
  • Front camera and a 3.5 mm audio jack out with built-in mike for video calls

The article also shared the following additional details:
To facilitate office work it comes with Word, Excel and Power Point viewer. Pre-loaded applications such as the Adobe Reader, Android Market and popular games like Angry Birds, Solitaire, Talking Tom etc. are also present in the tablet. It weighs 475g making it an ideal choice for users who like to carry their entertainment wherever they go. In-built GPS software supported by Google Maps is another interesting feature.

Source: ITNewsOnline

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I give it 30 days before Apple starts suing over the use of the i- in the device name....