Introduction of IUW Burning Tools

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
(InfoTM Update Wrap tools)

IUW Version 1.2 attached at the bottom of this post and posted with additional information at xdadevelopers.

Copied directly from "Introduction of IUW burning-20110118.docx" which was included in several update file (*.ius) archives.

Introduction of IUW Burning Tools

Connecting devices: Connect the tablet and computer with a USB cable(male to male), one end to the USB OTG interface(close to the Audio output) of the tablet and one end toPC. Get ready for boot the tablet. Press Power+Menu to boot the 10 inch tablet and Power+Vol+ for 8 inch one. Then the PC shows new hard drive detected. After the drive is installed according to the drive program in the OTG Driver file, you can begin burning.

File list:

• U0: u-boot-nand.bin

• KERNEL: uImage (or uimg.xxxx)

• SYSTEM: system.img

• USER: userdata.img

• RAMDISK: ramdisk.img

• RECVRD: recovery_rd.img (It can be ignored if there is no RECVRD)

You can find the above files in the Android folder in the img card we offered.

1. Burning by OTG

$image002.jpg

1). Open the IUW burning tools and select Link USB
2). select Easy burn
3). Select the ius .iso file
4). Connect the the tablet to computer
5). Press Power+Menu to boot the 10 inch tablet and Power+Voice+ for 8 inch. When the small box in Tool turns green, press Burn.
6). After burning finishes, plug out the cable and press Reset, then restart the device.

2. Buring by SD card

$image004.jpg

1). Open the IUW burning tools and select Boot Disk
2). Select the IUS .iso file
3). Connect the SD card to PC via card-reader;
4). Select the SD drive, for example Removeable media1;
5). Click the Burn button in tool;
6). After burning finishes, plug the SD card into the T-flash 1 (MicroSD) slot;
7). Press Power button to begin the burning;
8). After burning finishes, plug out the SD card, and press Reset, then restart the device.

3. Img buring system file list:

$image006.jpg

4. Buring of Uboot

Get the OTG tools ready, u-boot-nand.bin files for 10- or 8-inch tablets; connect the devices and open the IUW software as follows:

$image008.jpg

When the box below DV turns green, click Burn. The burning doesn’t finish until the progress reaches 100%.

Warning: Keep the tablet is charging because the whole burning progress needs definitely enough power, otherwise the system will break up and booting fails. After burning finishes, the system will starts self-checking. It is normal when the flash- or blurred screen appears.

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I have tried this many times and it will not see my SD Card . . .Computer sees it just fine, but IUW does not.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Win 32bit systems seem to have better success rate with both the SD card method and are the only ones that work with the OTG method as the drivers are 32 bit. Users encountering continued issues with the SD card method have either used another card or switched to the OTG method. No definitive solution has been found.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
any way to just copy /paste files to sd card?

The InfoTM Update Wrap tools Buring by SD card creates a disk image so copy/paste is not a valid approach.

Users with continued issues with "Burning by SD card" have resorted to using the OTG method with success.

Other potential solutions to address the SD card not being recognized by the utility are:

• Replace and use another card, some users reported "no name" 2 GB microSD cards worked where some 16 GB SDHC brand name cards failed

• Use another card reader or microSD card adapter

• Use another computer, operating system, virtual machine configuration

• Delete the partition off the SD card (pictured in this post #82), no need to reformat as the IUW utility will create the image needed to update and try to burn the image again to the SD card.
There are multiple methods presented in the instructions, if one doesn't work investigate the use of the other approaches to manually updating the tablet.

Last edited:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Great info, thank's.
My question: Is it possible to make a complete image of my SAWEE Pad firmware.
My understanding is that there is NO way to dump the /system partition as it does not back up the oob (out of band) area and can't deal with bad blocks. The nanddump utilities don't seem to function either. For a complete back you really need all of the components of a firmware - U0 "u-boot-nand.bin", Ramdisk, Kernel, Userdata, and system.img and those a best obtained from a known supplier/manufacturer update specific for the tablet. Many a tablet has been bricked by applying the wrong update files but mostly it's been the incorrect U0 for the board.

SEJ016

Dec 10, 2011
What is not clear is what is supposed to happen, or what do I have to do at the end of Section 3. I just seem to end up with a device that is doing nothing and won't switch on.

Please advise.

valkrior

Mar 6, 2011
Hey, Does anyone know where or how I can get the tablet system files for the IUW burning tool? The IUW zip file in this thread installs the burner tool, but where do I get the files to burn onto my tablet?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Hey, Does anyone know where or how I can get the tablet system files for the IUW burning tool? The IUW zip file in this thread installs the burner tool, but where do I get the files to burn onto my tablet?
Welcome to the forum!

Determine the Hardware Id "hwver" using Android Terminal Emulator (no root required) then run the following command.
Code:
$ cat /proc/cmdline

Once you have that information review http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-infotmic-hardware-ids-hwver-updates-ius.html for some insight.

srara

Dec 21, 2011
1- where the hell is ius file in the zip file? in is not part of it.
2- i ran the tools as Admin as user as almost every possible user u can think but i can't get the prog 2 work.
3- when i plug the tablet 2 the pc i get message say UNKNOWN usb device found once and that was it. never been seen again.
is there easy way 2 update this piece of crap by easy way?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Welcome to the forum!

1- where the hell is ius file in the zip file? in is not part of it.
The InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) files are Hardware Id "hwver" specific. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-infotmic-hardware-ids-hwver-updates-ius.html
2- i ran the tools as Admin as user as almost every possible user u can think but i can't get the prog 2 work.
Most issues are related to OS (Win32 works).
3- when i plug the tablet 2 the pc i get message say UNKNOWN usb device found once and that was it. never been seen again.
Did you install the drivers?
is there easy way 2 update this piece of crap by easy way?
Yes, use the Update System feature in Settings if an update exists. This process was for manually updating from Android 2.1 to 2.2. It is not supported my the manufacturer/supplier/distributor. There is also the option to burn the update to micro SD.

Caution: Burning the incorrect InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) file, specifically one containing the wrong U0 "u-boot-nand.bin" image will cause irreparable damage (brick) the tablet.