Introduction

csnorman

Sep 9, 2011
Hello to All,

I am csnorman and love to work with computers. I am A+ certified thus far and just loving it. I bought a simple android tablet and it is a bit different. I am here to learn all I can on how to use it and how to apply getting apps. I still am trying to figure out when I download some apps that it wont recognize my device...does it think it has to be an android phone and not tablet? Anyway I am here to learn from you all and learn new ideas. Any info would be great, thank you.

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
I am csnorman and love to work with computers. I am A+ certified thus far and just loving it. I bought a simple android tablet and it is a bit different. I am here to learn all I can on how to use it and how to apply getting apps. I still am trying to figure out when I download some apps that it wont recognize my device...does it think it has to be an android phone and not tablet? Anyway I am here to learn from you all and learn new ideas. Any info would be great, thank you.

Hello, and Welcome!

Many people have trouble (me included) getting the Market to recognize their tablets (because the Android Market is set up to bill you through your phone's account). A solution I found is to use alternate marketplaces that allow you to set up a payment plan. Two of those are the Amazon Android Market (see Amazon.com: Appstore for Android) and SlideMe (SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace).

Here's a site with a complete list of alternative markets: Alternative Android Markets