Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction & Forum Website Assistance' started by csnorman, Sep 9, 2011.

1. csnorman

csnorman Member

Tablet / Device:
    MID M009S 800MHz 256 2GB 7 Touchscreen Tablet Android 2.2
    Hello to All,

I am csnorman and love to work with computers. I am A+ certified thus far and just loving it. I bought a simple android tablet and it is a bit different. I am here to learn all I can on how to use it and how to apply getting apps. I still am trying to figure out when I download some apps that it wont recognize my device...does it think it has to be an android phone and not tablet? Anyway I am here to learn from you all and learn new ideas. Any info would be great, thank you.

2. paulsam7

paulsam7 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Flytouch 3; Nexus 7
    Hello, and Welcome!

Many people have trouble (me included) getting the Market to recognize their tablets (because the Android Market is set up to bill you through your phone's account). A solution I found is to use alternate marketplaces that allow you to set up a payment plan. Two of those are the Amazon Android Market (see Amazon.com: Appstore for Android) and SlideMe (SlideME | Android Community and Application Marketplace).

Here's a site with a complete list of alternative markets: Alternative Android Markets

3. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Hello csnorman, welcome to the forum.