Invalid Update

DroidDoes

Jul 30, 2011
So I spent all day ranting about how I had not yet received the 3.2 update and got home to find it was available. I downloaded and hit install only to have it tell me the update was invalid...I'm regretting more and more not shelling out the extra $100 a while back to get a galexy tab instead.
Anyway, does anyone know how I can fix this so I can actually update?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Yeah, because we all know there are no problems with the galaxy tab....
Nobody has any complaint about the galaxy.

Did you root?
If so did you remove or un-install any system packages?
Did you have a fair amount of room on your tablet? It needs room to unpack.
Did the download go perfectly?
Can you Check for update again and retry?

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Yes, you can download it from the link below.
It is the official update.
If you look in the thread "3.2=update Mid September" on page 16 you will see my post and thereafter on following pages others who installed it from this link with no problems.
http://vache-android.com/files/Acer_...1_COM_GEN2.zip
Download it to your computer and extract the update.zip.
Put the update.zip on a micro sd, with your computer, and insert it in the A500 with it turned off.
Hold the volume down and keep holding it while you power up. When you see update.zip and a few other lines in the top left corner you can release the volume. That's it, it will be done in less than 5 minutes.

Last edited:

chookrun

Sep 1, 2011
@frnkws

I tried to download from your supplied link and received this message "Acer_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN2.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator."

geexyana

Oct 4, 2011
its ur sd card. remove it from the tablet and then install the update, rooted or unrooted doesnt matter.

DroidDoes

Jul 30, 2011
I have no SD card, I'm unrooted, I'll try the link above and see how it works.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Just do a RAM CACHE clear - hold VOLUME UP button and power up your tab still hold the volume up button. Once it starts up shut it down and restart. Download update. I had one tab out of 3 doing the same thing. The other 2 did not have a problem. I heard a few Galaxy Tab were "bricked." Xoom suffered similar problems. Happens when Manufacturers send out updates in a hurry.

:eek:

DroidDoes

Jul 30, 2011
Just do a RAM CACHE clear - hold VOLUME UP button and power up your tab still hold the volume up button. Once it starts up shut it down and restart. Download update. I had one tab out of 3 doing the same thing. The other 2 did not have a problem. I heard a few Galaxy Tab were "bricked." Xoom suffered similar problems. Happens when Manufacturers send out updates in a hurry.

:eek:
I'll try that then. The update.zip download didn't work on that other link so I'll hope for the best with this.

DroidDoes

Jul 30, 2011
Just went back and tried the .zip file again. Downloaded from my tab and put it on a microsd card, extracted, worked perfectly! Kernal number is now 2.6.36.3+ is that what it should be?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
So previously you tried this without a microSD card, but this time around you used one, am I reading that right?

I am pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to work.
What android version do you have now? Kernel version is correct.

DroidDoes

Jul 30, 2011
No I had previously tried downloading it on my laptop but it killed it everytime saying it couldnt be read so I downloaded it dirrectly to my tablet, moved it onto an SD card I had in my phone (put it in the tablet obviously), and then followed the steps. 3.2