IP and exceptions in a Domain

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
The situation: working inside a secured domain network (multinational). I was able to connect to the domains main wifi (the company has directions for that)..... Apparently, according to the literature on their site i am not supposed to be able to access the internet sites but managed to work the proxy so that internet is accessible. Now the issue is no one there seems to understand android or how to access the intranet sites. (the joke is i work for a major phone manufacturer). But apparently this is not a priority for them but is for me.

I have executives needing to browse the intranet. Oh yea had to manually put in ip (that still doesnt work, still waiting). I tried the *. Ddfd.com etc and it wont let me put the * in there (wildcards).... Now i read just put (.ddfd.com) and that seems to let me save the excceptions but still doesnt work. My experience with networks says that the device needs to be on the network for this to access internal sites (but i transfered over my cert to the device and its on the secured wifi - and accessing the mail domain wifi isnt suppose to work unless on the domain).

Question what is the syntax for exceptions for the droid? And any other feedback welcome....

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
Just a bump does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum