iplayer website 'your phone is not supported'

mallett

Jul 31, 2011
Whats all that about? The app and the site both seem to think this device is a phone, so is there somewhere i need to configure it? Ive set it up as a desktop now in the browser debug settings. I,m running 3.1

And one other thing, how come when you type replies on vbb forums like this, the cursor is always so slow to catch up? its massively annoying. Specially when younmake a mistake. And the ncursor doesnt capitalise after a full stop. my htc on 2.2 doesnt have any of these problems. its stuff like this that makes me regret bucking the ipad boat. plus, ive justbdiscovered that this crappy smilie function doesnt work either. well done acer.

mallett

Jul 31, 2011
101 views and no one any idea? does everyone else have this problem or is it just me? that would be a good starting point.

mallett

Jul 31, 2011
managed to fix myself, for anyone else that has this problem, if you've done that whole 'fix' to the browser rendering pages using about:debug, go back and undo it. that was the problem.

mallett

Jul 31, 2011
Looks like it,s deciding when it does work and when it doesnt as its stopped working again.Anyone got any ideas at all? its fresh out the box. does it work for everyone else??

magicalyak

Jul 15, 2011
I don't know what iplayer is, but I'm assuming after a Google search its a UK broadcast something or other? I got the message you described in the stock browser, but was able to hit it with dolphin....beyond trying another browser, I got nothing sorry......

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum