Is 8gb enough?

the66thcamper

Apr 13, 2012
I'm trying to decide between two AFFORDABLE multimedia tablets (under $300): the Samsung Galaxy 7.0 plus (reviewed across the board as very good) or the Samsung Galaxy 2 tab 7 (coming out April 22). Both have good specs, but the SGT27 has better ones (operating system, etc).

The only problem I have is this - is 8gb (which is what the SGt27 has versus the SG7.0's 16gb) enough? I want to store movies/other multimedia, but am unsure if I can save those files to a 32gb micro-sd card directly, bypassing the tablet itself (like how, on a computer, you can save directly to a flash drive instead of the computer itself).

Thanks!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
As to the choice between the two tablets,I don't think there is much of a difference between them other than the Tab 2 will ship with ICS. The 2 series seems mostly an attempt to put out more affordable devices.
As for downloading to external storage on the 7 plus it doesn't appear to work, at least on a non rooted device, and this will likely be true on the Tab 2 as well. It seems only the built in file manager can write to the card, even ES File Explorer can not. I suspect that without root you can't give it the privileges it needs to do so. On the other hand there are a lot of tablets that can not write to external storage at all.