Is it normal for my tablet to be this slow?

Artofn00b

Dec 11, 2012
It's an Android 4.0 Visual Land Ice Cream Sandwich. It's slow to turn on, locks up frequently on pretty much everything, and is generally just unresponsive. I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen, but I dunno how to fix it. I've searched around and tried turning off Auto-sync, but that doesn't help either. Are there any other options I should look into disabling or something? Needless to say, it's really hard to use the thing when it's so unstable.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm guessing you remember it running MUCH faster at some point. Probably when it didn't have any apps or data. Ultimately you could make it faster again by doing a factory reset but it would wipe all your data and settings. Or you could look for other things to uninstall, active widgets like weather or active wallpaper are the first things to look for.

Artofn00b

Dec 11, 2012
I don't think it's ever really been super fast, but to be honest I don't remember too much. I don't have very many apps on it that I couldn't just get back (mostly emulators), so if all else fails I might try a factory reset. Any other suggestions are still welcome though.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
One more suggestion, based on your comments. Get a better, newer, faster tablet. ;);)