Is it possable to put a windows OS on the Huawei Ideos S7 ?

bigeazyace

Apr 18, 2011
word hear mabe a stupid quistion but is vm droid what you mean and where do thay have touch screen windows os. Thanks again Love this Forum:cool:

Entropy

Dec 24, 2010

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
Windows CE, could be possible. but someone has to do some porting. I had flytouch (WM8505) and I was able to install Windows CE 6.0. ROM was from a Sylvania WM8505 mini netbook.

just that Windows CE vs. Android, i wouldn't bother, even just for entertainment purposes. *no pun intended* :)D)

bobrien4975

Apr 19, 2011
VM means virtual machine its when your run a different os inside of the current one

Sent from my IDEOS S7

Last edited:

vince0614

Jun 17, 2011
You don't need a driver. On your Huawei Ideos S7 just go to "Settings" and unmount your SD card and your Windows computer will find the S7 as another drive. Now you'll be able to copy files to and from the S7. Of course you'll have to be connected with a USB cable.

Entropy

Dec 24, 2010
You don't need a driver. On your Huawei Ideos S7 just go to "Settings" and unmount your SD card and your Windows computer will find the S7 as another drive. Now you'll be able to copy files to and from the S7. Of course you'll have to be connected with a USB cable.
That has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread. The OP wants to run Windows on the tablet itself (not possible), not access storage from Windows.

bobrien4975

Apr 19, 2011
Hha I have a tablet kiosk eo it has 600 mhz and 256 ram runs windows xp fine but idk if its a arm processor

-brendon

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The core issue is that Windows of any flavor other than CE/Mobile will only run in native mode (directly on the Processor) on a x86 type processor. There are X86 emulation processors. BUT, not in general distribution on an Android Tablet. The Tablets which run both Android and Windows are running a port of Android/x86. The API calls and video exceed the instruction set of the processors of 99.9% Android Tablets.
As stated, CE/Mobile may run, but only to Version 6.0. Windows Mobile (CEv7) is not compatible. The next potential dual boot will be the dual core ARMs which will be for Windows 8
An easier solution is the porting of Linux such as Angstrom. This was done on Archos Tablets. But do not expect a Windows port, totally different CPU and processor calls which the application layer of all current versions of Windows NT-2008 (and XP/Vista/7) impossible.

vexx

Sep 19, 2011
Windows 8 has ARM support-I hope that some dev will try that on S7. Only problems are drivers if they are even needed (maybe Win 8 have them included).