Is It Possible to Use an Xbox Wired Controller on an Acer A501 Tablet?

dabberoo

Jan 1, 2013
Hi

I've just recently acquired an Acer a501 as a gift (previously I've been accustomed to an iPad).
So I've started looking into the various apps/games and I've also seen evidence of controllers being used on some games (you tube), in particular the Xbox 360 wired controller.

Couple of questions:

1 Is an Xbox wired controller compatible with android devices (Acer a501)? Is driver software required or an emulator? (Again you tube shows some guy using his wired controller playing a game on a android device).
2 Tegrazone identifies some games that a controller can be used, in particular an Xbox 360 wired controller. Apparently its as simple as plug and play but I tried it and had no joy.
3 On live - apparently not supported in Australia...?

Any tips would be appreciated

Dabberoo

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Hi

I've just recently acquired an Acer a501 as a gift (previously I've been accustomed to an iPad).
So I've started looking into the various apps/games and I've also seen evidence of controllers being used on some games (you tube), in particular the Xbox 360 wired controller.

Couple of questions:

1 Is an Xbox wired controller compatible with android devices (Acer a501)? Is driver software required or an emulator? (Again you tube shows some guy using his wired controller playing a game on a android device).
2 Tegrazone identifies some games that a controller can be used, in particular an Xbox 360 wired controller. Apparently its as simple as plug and play but I tried it and had no joy.
3 On live - apparently not supported in Australia...?

Any tips would be appreciated

Dabberoo

How to Use an Xbox 360 Controller on the Nexus 7

vicviper74

Jan 3, 2013
Although I cant speak personally for your tablet. I do have an A500, what version of android are you using. have to tried to run an emulator and assign the keys to specific input. I can even control my home screen with the controller. and I use the wireless gaming receiver. im running the lasted official release for my tablet 4.0.3

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi dabberoo, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi courtney, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to you as well. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.