Is It Scrap?

john81

Apr 4, 2014
Hey guys a real long shot before I sell my sons tablet for scrap lol.So my son has forgotten his password not only that he has also broken the volume keys which I've tried to fix but its to fiddley and probabley making it worse.Also to cap it all off the wife turned of the debugging thingy(technical term there lol) so is it scrap or is there anything else I can try??? Please be aware that I'm not an expert in these things thanks :) PS it a all winner a13 7 inch

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum
With the volume key broken your options are quite limited. If it was connecting to WiFi, several incorrect attempts to log into the tablet would normally prompt for the Google username and password. If that isn't happening I would probably seriously consider it as scrap./

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi John, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. They probably won't give you much for it, but it does look like the scrapyard is where it's headed. (If you could replace the broken volume keys, you could try doing a factory reset.)

john81

Apr 4, 2014
Thank guys.just thought how rude of me my name is john I'm not very PC savey Im married there children who all have tablets which I a neverending roundabout of problems lol if soldiers some strands of solder on to where the volume key would make contact and disconnected the battery in a few last ditch efforts fingers crossed :/

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
strands of solder on to where the volume key would make contact and disconnected the battery in a few last ditch efforts fingers crossed :/

Leave the battery disconnected for at least a minute, it may automatically reset when you turn it on again. If not, and the volume keys are working again, see if there are reset instructions for your tablet here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html. If not, try some of the methods for other tablets, You won't hurt anything and one might work. Good luck!