Is It True That Tabs Can Not Be Charged Via Micro USB Port?

gdubvdub

Feb 3, 2012
I am able to transfer files to the tablet from my computer, but I do not believe it is capable of charging via the USB port.

gdubvdub

michaellowe

Apr 13, 2012
depends what OS you have on it. If you have android on it you can go to Settings > About Phone> scroll down to Build Number and tap on that 7 times - you will then be greeted with a nice friendly "You are now a Developer" Message! go back to home screen. Connect your Tablet to the PC and when the options pop up on the tablet screen you can choose which mode - Charging, MTP, Mass Storage etc. It helps to have Adb or Adb Fastboot and your specific devices drivers installed on the pc but not always necessary. If you need the drivers find out the manufacturer and if they have updated drivers available for you to download for windows or whatever your computers OS is?
The variety of options will depend on whic version of android you have
I get this on my Rooted LG with Marshmallow - yours may be very different if you have a generic version of Android. If you can get your tablet rooted you can increase the choices! head on over to XDA forum under the rooting Tab there are various optins Kingroot is very popular and roots almost any android device these days even older ones! I managed to root a smll 7 inch generic piece of chinese crap tablet which had generic android on it, Now if I wanted to I could probably start to search for ROMS that I could install on it like Cyanogenmod or something, Good Luck!

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
After four years, I highly doubt either poster will see your response. Please refrain from resurrecting such ancient threads in the future.