Is my adaptor dodgy?

Graham1

Jun 30, 2012
Hi. I think I may have a problem with my USB adaptor? It is a two pin adaptor mated with a 3 pin British plug, fitted with a 3 amp fuse.
When I charge my tablet it only charges for a while and then stops. The adaptor feels quite warm but no more so than my mobile phone adaptor. It does work but only for a while.
Under these circumstances would ACER possibly send me a new charger?
Also this may seem a silly question but can this unit be charged when turned off? If so, mine does not. (unless it's the adaptor again?)
Any answers/help would be gratefully recieved.
Thank you.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I charge mine while the unit is off and my adapter doesn't get more than slightly warm. I am unsure why you have two different connectors on you charger, however... As far as mine, I've got the adapter with the three prong American plug, and that's it. What's up with the fuse?

When you say it stops charging, do you notice a change in the LED next to the power button? When charging it is red, when fully charged it changes to white. Does yours stay red for a while then go off?

I would contact ACER about it before risking a ruined system.

Graham1

Jun 30, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I got my A700 from amazon Germany. It's not avalible in the UK yet, so it came with a two pin euro plug. So I needed a plug adaptor to fit UK plug sockets, hence the fuse bit.

$plug.jpg
Yes the little red (or orange?) light is lit whilst charging.
Interesting to note you can charge it whilst turned off. I assume this red light comes on too in the off state?

Yes think you are right, I will contact ACER on Monday.
Thank you.

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Hi!

This happened to me the first time I charged it. Until I realized that you need to push the small "USB" plug firmly, and completely INSIDE the plug on the A700. If it is not completely pushed in, charging doesn't take place...

Gilles.