is phiremod dead?

mrfeh

Mar 14, 2011
Hi folks.

I've been running phiremod 6.3 for at least a couple months, and I'm subscribed to the relevant threads, but haven't seen much/any activity over the last few weeks.

If I want to stay on top of the most recent/best ROMs, should I be switching to CM7?

Thanks.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi mrfeh, that choice is totally up to you. Since phiremod is a modified version of CM7 it is usually a step or two behind CM7 in anycase. Some people perfer the tweaks that phiremod incorporates though so they are ok with being a little behind.

There is no need to go with the nightlies if you are content with what you have. If you have a case of tinkeritus and must always have the freshest nightly avaialble CM7 is the way to go since it does seem that phiremod is on hold, though calling it dead is jumping the gun a little. It looks like they are just waiting for the CM7 7.1 stable to be issued before making a new release.

Phiremod has its own theread for future reference here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...hiremod-discussion-roms-kernels-versions.html

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
'dead' is a matter of perspective - it is based on CM7 so it continues to live as live as you continue to update CM7

for me it is stable enough for daily use that i really don't see as a big a need for upgrading it unless significant features come with it

Hi folks.

I've been running phiremod 6.3 for at least a couple months, and I'm subscribed to the relevant threads, but haven't seen much/any activity over the last few weeks.

If I want to stay on top of the most recent/best ROMs, should I be switching to CM7?

Thanks.