Is Tegra 3 aka Kal-El really coming this Summer?

paulo_andre

May 15, 2011
I've been reading on some sites that nvidia claims to be able to present some Kal-El tablets this Summer. And something about Asus also preparing some new tablets (maybe eee pad transformer 2).
Do you think this something that's going to happen this Summer? Given the current unavailability of the eee pad transformer in my country, I would be willing to wait, but not for the end of the year.

Mr.Gadget

Apr 13, 2011
I don't know for sure what versions are coming but I would be certain they are working on the next big thing. As with most technology, one can get stuck waiting for the next step-up to arrive. If you buy now, you will get a good five months out of your Tegra2 IF the rumors are true. If not, then you will be glad you bought now instead of waiting. In other words, I'd say buy now. If the T3 comes out in the fall, then just before its release, put the Tegra 2 on eBay and get a good chunk of your money back to apply towards the new one...

Candlestick

Mar 30, 2011
From what I've been reading - you might see an Amazon Model in 4th quarter - but more likely the Tegra 3 devices will be out in 2012. Maybe some others mfr's will put a premium tag on Tegra 3 devices before the holidays and charge a premium for them.

Android tablet makers finally learned from Apple to hype a product and make the customers drool for a few months before ya give them a nibble at your new product.

Last edited:

Sssith

Jun 24, 2011
It is all a guessing game. I have read of a rumor that it will be released in October. But that is just a rumor. Just as large a chance that it will be delayed to the new year. But as for summer. I seriously doubt it.