Is the flytouc right for me?

ArtffulDodger

Sep 8, 2011
I am looking for a tablet to use for surfing the internet, viewing textbooks, and taking notes. The flytouch looks to be a great budget option for a tablet however my only concern is the resistive touch screen. For those of you who have this screen how responsive is it? I work at an electronics store and played with the coby a couples times and it didnt seem too bad, however I didn't really get a chance to get too into it. I love the capacitive screen tablet, however I think I'm looking at about 300$ for a 10". Is a stylus always required ? Is it still enjoyable? Does anyone regret not going capacitive? If so why?

Androidicus

Sep 4, 2011
I am a new tablet/mobile device user myself, and the only thing I would be wary about is using tablets for intensive note taking where speed is essential. It's not the tablet's hardware, but the input methods (on screen keyboard).

My FT2 came with a faux leather case/keyboard and it is very hard to type on compared to a netbook, or full-size laptop. It might just take some time to get used to, but the keys are VERY small and VERY close together. Of course, you can hook up any USB keyboard you want, but the whole point of the smaller (built in) ones is mobility.

However, if you are used to typing on mobile devices then none of this may matter to you.

In my personal opinion, I would use a Netbook for academic & business productivity simply because these are more suited for that kind of work and include software that is made for it e.g. MS Office; etc.

Sent from my wwe10 using Android Tablet Forum app

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I am looking for a tablet to use for surfing the internet, viewing textbooks, and taking notes. The flytouch looks to be a great budget option for a tablet however my only concern is the resistive touch screen. For those of you who have this screen how responsive is it? I work at an electronics store and played with the coby a couples times and it didnt seem too bad, however I didn't really get a chance to get too into it. I love the capacitive screen tablet, however I think I'm looking at about 300$ for a 10". Is a stylus always required ? Is it still enjoyable? Does anyone regret not going capacitive? If so why?

I cant think of ANY tablet that would be good for taking notes without an actual keyboard. Having said that, I have the flytouch2-clone (SuperPAD) and I happen to like the touchscreen. As I understand it, a stylus will NOT work on capacitive, and my fingers are too... wide... for decent use. Fingernails work well too... but not on capacitive screens...
I also have 'a couple' of the 7" el-cheapo-chinese netbooks and THEY have a TINY-Azz keyboard!!! Still, its better than punching pudgies on a virtual board.

If you really want something for taking notes you should consider the smallest laptop/netbook with a keyboard you can tolerate. Havent tried the case/keyboard(s) yet so I dont know if they are better than that cheap netbook, but Id bet it is..

Overall tho, the tablet is great for the price and will likely do well for you for most-everything else!
My 2 cents! :D

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
Havent tried the case/keyboard(s) yet so I dont know if they are better than that cheap netbook, but Id bet it is..

I've got a case/keyboard (2nd one, first didn't work!) on my Flytouch, and can tell you that it's far from perfect. You will find that some keys just don't work right - in particular, mine won't shift. So, I have to use it in combination with the on-screen keyboard in order to put in caps or symbols (shifted number keys.)

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I've got a case/keyboard (2nd one, first didn't work!) on my Flytouch, and can tell you that it's far from perfect. You will find that some keys just don't work right - in particular, mine won't shift. So, I have to use it in combination with the on-screen keyboard in order to put in caps or symbols (shifted number keys.)

Ive seen this in some reviews on Amazon, etc... I suspect this is more actual defect than anything else... and returns, tho inconvenient, are always possible. Am still looking into trying one tho I like using my FULL-SIZE keyboard on mine! :p

ArtffulDodger

Sep 8, 2011
Thanks for your input. Does anyone have any comments on the responsiveness of the screen? Is it one of those screens that are close to capacitive or have people ever gotten annoyed with it?