Is the Pandigital from QVC cabable of being rooted?

divinci

Jan 18, 2011
I just read with interest your postings - I have an identical Pan Novel, same everything. And I too have been searching the net for answers to questions, such as what android version is on this thing. No luck thus far. I have tried the online method of communication with Pandigital but they do not respond back. I hope this thread continues. Like another poster said, lots of similar questions on the web. I have found using my fingernail works better at turning pages. This was a web tip. There is a nice site android.com/market that has lots of apps, once one is sure what version of android one has. Have you made much progress with upgrading yours? I ran across a site that has a download to overclock thru the kernal. Have not tried that yet, need more info on this thing before I do something that creates a problem.

divinci

Jan 18, 2011
Thanks a lot anthony, works perfect!

I am curious angelxdlv, did you download the youtube v13.apk using the pan novel wirelessly, or did you download it to your computer first? I have read some posts that say the .apk app's (some of them) have to be downloaded to a SD card and installed onto the pan novel that way. I tried to download a .apk file straight to the novel using the novel wireless connection and it did not work. On another note, apparently yahoo email won't work on my novel. Had to use a gmail account.

arkangelhfb

Feb 17, 2011
ATTENTION PDN USERS!!!

I think I just earned my “Haxer Badge of Brilliance” after haxer'ing the hell out of several systems resulting in me making the internet, Android OS, android market, and PDN my *****...

Ok.., ok... but really people after 8 hours of beating my head against a wall, many failures, and a two day break to realize my failures had set me up for a huge bit of win, I found a work-around for the PND to get any and all apps from the android market... even if your PDN doesn't have a sd-card or access to the internet and all without touching your PDN from factory standard.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
ATTENTION PDN USERS!!!

I think I just earned my “Haxer Badge of Brilliance” after haxer'ing the hell out of several systems resulting in me making the internet, Android OS, android market, and PDN my *****...

Ok.., ok... but really people after 8 hours of beating my head against a wall, many failures, and a two day break to realize my failures had set me up for a huge bit of win, I found a work-around for the PND to get any and all apps from the android market... even if your PDN doesn't have a sd-card or access to the internet and all without touching your PDN from factory standard.

Ok.... so.... what is your work-around?