Is the transformer prime good

xxbeastxx420

Dec 24, 2011
Is it good is it laggy i would love to buy one but i have a samsung galaxy 10.1 is it worth selling and getting the prime i need some advice please.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
It had some keyboard lag in the stock browser on Honeycomb, but on Ice Cream Sandwich most users love it. It has had some spotty issues with WiFi and GPS issues due to the antenna design.

It is an awesome tablet and I would love to get my hands on one, but since I have the TF101 and I am not a hardcore gamer on my tablet (I have a gaming PC for that) I did not feel it was worth the upgrade.

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
Is it good is it laggy i would love to buy one but i have a samsung galaxy 10.1 is it worth selling and getting the prime i need some advice please.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

I received my Transformer prime today, and I am not disappointed with it,s performance so far. I have been playing with the GPS and WIFI, and so far have had no issues with sensitivity, or connectivity of this device. The GPS worked with no problems indoors, and responded in a quick timely manner. The WIFI appears to have nearly the same connection sensitivity as my Acer A500, and at this point in time I have had no issues to speak of. The Transformer Prime is fast, with little if any lag at all. So far this tablet is high on my list of recommendations. Its ergonomics is exceptional, and is lighter and thinner than my Acer A500.

Brian1

Jan 8, 2012
just picked one up today myself. Surprised one was in the store but it works great so far. Got most of my data from the smart phone over to the tablet. Like mentioned wireless works great as well as the GPS but its sunny and clear today. The only annoyance is the power connection being on the bottom. i can see over time on the lap that eventually the plug connector will break being close to the body to rest. Brian

NeoTiger

Jan 27, 2012
The only annoyance is the power connection being on the bottom. i can see over time on the lap that eventually the plug connector will break being close to the body to rest. Brian

Whats preventing you from using your tablet upside down, when the cable is connected?

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Most manufacturers will tell you not to charge and discharge the battery at the same time because it can damage circuitry.
So charging the unit and using it at the same time could technically void the warranty?
Just be sure to charge it over night, and plug it back in when you are not using it.

1up5dn

Jul 9, 2011
Another very satisfied Prime owner here. I don't have any of the issues that some are reporting. I have owned ipad 2, og transformer and galaxy tab 10.1. This is definitely an upgrade from all of those, but the galaxy was the closest to this. Would like to see the galaxy with ICS, that may close the gap.

Chris....

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
So charging the unit and using it at the same time could technically void the warranty?

You think this is possible? Somehow that doesn't sound right to me. I do it all the time on all devices (including phone) and it works fine. The engineering has to be very poor for it to get damaged this way.

Besides, there is no way to prove that you were using it while it was being charged?

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
All very true. And as long as you don't tell them you were doing it they may never know. But I believe they could and would hold by it if it came to it.
Many people do it and it doesn't seem to harm their devices but many manufacturers warn against this practice for a reason.
Just saying.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Brian1

Jan 8, 2012
Most manufacturers will tell you not to charge and discharge the battery at the same time because it can damage circuitry. So charging the unit and using it at the same time could technically void the warranty? Just be sure to charge it over night, and plug it back in when you are not using it.

It was just something i noticed since i was configuring it the first time at the time since once I plugged it in it started up. I just see what info I can find from Asus and out on the internet plus finish reading all the papers that came with it to see if i find that deny of warranty for this model.

Brian

NeoTiger

Jan 27, 2012
It was just something i noticed since i was configuring it the first time at the time since once I plugged it in it started up. I just see what info I can find from Asus and out on the internet plus finish reading all the papers that came with it to see if i find that deny of warranty for this model.

I only have a German manual, that came with my Prime, but even on the first page it says (translated): "Keep in mind that recharging takes longer when you're simultaneously using the Eee Pad." So I'd assume they don't consider that an inappropriate use that would void their warranty.

At least they didn't write anything else like "Performance of your Eee Pad may be diminuished when smashing it repeatedly with a baseball bat." :)

Isthmus

Jan 30, 2012
I have a prime and an iPad2 and find that the key to the prime is to run it in performance mode (ie, with all 5 cores running) and without flash. It becomes incredibly smooth and responsive then, not entirely unlike the fluid UI of an ipad. When running on balanced mode or lower, the UI shows a bit of lag and a little stutter.

Bolsa

Dec 7, 2011
Most manufacturers will tell you not to charge and discharge the battery at the same time because it can damage circuitry.
Just be sure to charge it over night, and plug it back in when you are not using it.

Ae you sure on this . My laptop always charge while I am using it , same thing with my 7" tablet.

Awesomepossum

Feb 14, 2012
I have a prime and an iPad2 and find that the key to the prime is to run it in performance mode (ie, with all 5 cores running) and without flash. It becomes incredibly smooth and responsive then, not entirely unlike the fluid UI of an ipad. When running on balanced mode or lower, the UI shows a bit of lag and a little stutter.

Does the TF101 have anything similar to the prime based on power and CPU settings? I mean, can the TF101 settings be changed like the primes? I'm a noob to the eee pads. Thanks.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum