Is the transformer prime good

dtschak

Mar 13, 2012
I bought a Transformer Prime last week. I was very satisfied at first. Then I discovered that the WiFi was very slow at certain times of the day - during the busy period of the day. I found that pages that took less than a second to load on my Android Bionic, often took 20 - 60 seconds to load on the Prime. It gets unusable at times. Very frustrating. On checking the forums, I found that many others are having the same problem. I am surprised that no one has mentioned it here. I am going to return my Transformer Prime.
dtschak

tazz3

Feb 23, 2012
i know the 201 and 101 are good but iam thinking of just waiteing and geting the new 300 or 700 transformer

DragonDroid

Mar 30, 2012
i have had the transformer since January with tons of built up anticipation, but after a few months im very disappointed. there is no multi-tasking (as far as i know) example--- you can't watch a video on youtube app and switch to browser and keep video running... or you can't preview music in google play app and switch to mail app (or any other app) without music stop playing.... with all the quad core muscle this asus has im really surprised it can't do basic multi-tasking. there is also weak wifi reception and browser (I've tried all) for super slow. again i can't understand how this is possible with all the power the transformer packs.

DavidSKi

Mar 22, 2012
Most manufacturers will tell you not to charge and discharge the battery at the same time because it can damage circuitry.
So charging the unit and using it at the same time could technically void the warranty?
Just be sure to charge it over night, and plug it back in when you are not using it.

i call bullsh!t. 1st off, they specifically tell you to hard wire it to the wall during any firmware of OS upgrades. 2nd when its plugged into the wall its not running off battery, most devices in the last 0 year dont either. if you dont believe me, pull a battery out of a laptop, cellphone of tablet while plugged in. Runs perfectly.

This also explains why the device charges slower while on then off, because the power is being diverted to the motherboard and not the battery, yet it keeps the battery on a trickle charge system.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
when its plugged into the wall its not running off battery, most devices in the last 0 year dont either. if you dont believe me, pull a battery out of a laptop, cellphone of tablet while plugged in. Runs perfectly.

This also explains why the device charges slower while on then off, because the power is being diverted to the motherboard and not the battery, yet it keeps the battery on a trickle charge system.

I sometimes run my tablets until they shut themselves off, because there's not enough charge left to run the tablet. When I plug in the charger, a message is briefly displayed that says to wait 15 minutes before turning it on again and the tablet turns itself off. If I charge the battery before the tablet shuts off, it turns on when I plug in the charger, no message appears, and I can use it immediately. If it's not running off the battery, why would I have to wait until it has enough of a charge to operate the tablet? To me, that says my tablet operates in a "floating" battery arrangement and the battery is being charged at the same time it's being discharged. That would also explain why it takes longer to charge the battery, since the charger doesn't step up the amperage because the battery is being discharged and charged simultaneously. I've also seen several highly secured mainframes that operated while isolated from the power grid in a similar fashion and I designed my home security system to operate that way as well.