Is there a port of ClockWork mod for Mpman MID7C?

Daniel120201

Feb 15, 2012
Hello,
Today I rooted my MID7C internet tablet with SuperOneClick and I want to run custom roms on it.The thing is that rom manager needs ClockWork mod,can someone give a port for my tablet and if not can someone give my a guide how to port ClockWork mod.I do not a lot about porting but I managed to compile and run OpeniBoot on iPodTouch 4G.
Thanks for any advice.

Mar 23, 2012
Hello,

Can you explain me how you did to root your MID7C, I'am having troubles with "Cell Standby" bringing down my battery, and I had read that in order to solve the problem, I need to be rooted to modify Phone.apk. Thank you.

Lannig

Mar 26, 2012
Hello,

Can you explain me how you did to root your MID7C, I'am having troubles with "Cell Standby" bringing down my battery, and I had read that in order to solve the problem, I need to be rooted to modify Phone.apk. Thank you.

Well, "rooting" mine was as difficult as finding the correct USB ADB driver (i.e. hacking the .INF file if the proper VID/PID isn't there), downloading the Android Toolkit, enabling USB debugging, running "adb shell" and voila, the "#" prompt is here.
Basically they're pre-rooted if you use ADB.
Finalizing the "rooting" means "adb push" a "su" command, fixing a couple of links and file modes and "adb push" the SuperUser app. That's it, apps can have root access.

As for ClockworkMod, I've been considering it as well so that I can make a NAND backup. There are tcc8900 ports floating (I don't have the URL at hand at this moment) for the Coby Kiros tablets that are so close to this one hardware-wise that they certainly share a large part of their genome. But I want to make a backup of the factory recovery image first.

Yes, the battery life kinda sucks. 3 hours tops. Where did you get that information about modding Phone.apk to improve things? "Phone stanby" does show up as the major battery eater in the settings, but since this tablet doesn't have any kind of telephony hardware in it, I was thinking that it shows up there "by default". Am I misled?