is there a simple way to get my dvd content onto my Gtablet?

beastman

May 8, 2011
I used dvdfab but might try something else that is cheaper. I use Qqplayer to watch on my android. Copied to have Drive drive.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

D

dvdcatalyst

I just got dvd catalyst and tried to do a convert a movie based on the 'gtablet' setting and it's pretty choppy with no volume. What settings should I use? And does it matter that I am running Vegan Ginger Edition?

Thanks

Make sure you play the created video files using the build-in video player, which uses hardware acceleration. Players like RockPlayer/MoboPlayer can access hardware acceleration for the files as well, but in most cases they run in software-mode, resulting in choppy playback for H264 MP4 files.

Seal55

Jun 17, 2011
I had a Pandigital Novel 7" Tablet and I use DVDFAB6 or 8 to convert avi's and DVD's to mpeg 4 and it works great. Also lookup Foxreal, yes this too cost $35.00 but it is well worth it.

Foxreal site has several packages that will work, I myself purchased the Foxreal Video Converter, cause I do a lot of Multimedia work in my business and this program works fast, so take a look at those two.

Seal55

purtiscreek

May 30, 2011
Go to youtube and scrll to the video about wireless file transfer. You will need to download es file manager to do file transfers from your desktop or whatever is on your wireless. To me, this really opened up my gtab for music/video viewing. You just have to be in range of your home wireless. Hope this helps

purtiscreek

May 30, 2011
By the way...you can either listen /watch on the tab from your main computer, or download directly to your tablet( see my previous reply )

Shoboy

May 27, 2011
DVDFab version6, version7 or version8. V.8 has CUDA programmed into it so if you have a newer nVidia based gpu on your computer(3-4yrs old or newer) it'll use that in tandem with the cpu to rip/encode dvd's to mpeg4's faster. You can find a full, free version of Fab8 online if you search enough but it's more then worth it to buy it, and updates can break the "full free version" you can obtain online. I cant praise this program enough. Also, under the mpeg4 settings I use the presets for the Playstation 3. It's perfect for the gTablet since it has the highest possible resolutions to chose from, between all the built in presets, when making an mpeg4. I used to use the iphone/ipod settings since I used my 3gs iphone as my main movie watching device at work. Those files play flawlessly on my gTablet but they look a bit grainy since they are encoded at lower resolutions.

Handbrake is also a GREAT, completely free program to use. I used that before I found out about DVDFab. Handbrake will not break many DRM's on dvd's, last time I used it anyway. Just keep that in mind....

I've used mPlayer on a Velocity Micro Cruz r101 reader since it handled mpeg4's better then the default android player on the Cruz(android2.0). I just put it on my gTablet only because I have it and I know it works perfectly. I also like the options it has, like onscreen display of the time, battery life, movie duration, size and color of display, etc........ The default player on the gTablet works perfectly too, just not setting options for how it handles, looks, etc......

May 4, 2011
+1 for Handbrake! Definitely come to love it with the Nook and Droid...but given the gTab (with the right ROM) will also play AVI, other encoders are an option (I like autoGK for XviD).

EDIT: AND NOW it's time to shamelessly plug a thread I started!

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...using-handbrake-convert-video-nook-color.html

-Matt

update for everyone. I followed the advice on this link and all is well. Handbrake is free and works flawlessly. Very easy to set up if you follow the instructions in this link.

ed.reesor

Jun 26, 2012
I am able to get the videos converted but i am VERY unsure as to what folder I need to upload the videos on my Lenovo tablet. Which folder, etc? Can anyone help?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Same answer as in the other thread:

That depends on f you want to store them on internal memory or an SD card. On an SD card simply put them in a folder called movies or whatever you want to call it. If internal memory just look for a media folder. Really it doesn't matter though, there is not place they have to be.