Is there a sure way to disable automatic updates yet?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Flash CWR from ROM Manager

From everything I have heard, it stops the OTA updates

tomtin

Jan 30, 2011

tomtin

Jan 30, 2011
I unchecked it, then rebooted, then it worked. Idk...

New problem. Now I'm stuck in Clockwork recovery. After I proceed to backup, I get "can't mount /system" - then I try to reboot and it just brings me to clockwork recovery! Help please!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You have to make sure you use "old nook" and get 3.0.0.5 and not 3.0.0.6 of CWR. Once you do that the procedure should be ok.

-JP

tomtin

Jan 30, 2011
I didn't select old nook damnit. How do I get out of clockwork though? Rebooting keeps bringing me to clockwork.

tomtin

Jan 30, 2011
I found the thread to uninstall. Then I reinstalled. My problem was that I didn't select nook color "old." Maybe that should be included in the tutorial? I'm giving it another shot.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I found the thread to uninstall. Then I reinstalled. My problem was that I didn't select nook color "old." Maybe that should be included in the tutorial? I'm giving it another shot.

Yep, the CWR issue is brand new and you are one of the first to experience it. The instructions will hopefully be updated soon. You should be fine now. Good luck

tomtin

Jan 30, 2011
it seems to back up (takes a while) but at the end, it says "cant mount cache". also, in file explorer i only have boot.img, data.img, and system.img. i did it twice now...i think i'm going to give up lol

Last edited: