Is there a way of making the Haipad m-701 faster/more responsive?

Droidboy

Feb 8, 2011
Is there a way of making the Haipad m-701 faster/more responsive? I think the device reacts horribly slow and it would be great if there was some trick or programs you could use to make this device better (I have it rooted by the way...)

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
This is a good piece of hardware for the most part.
A little tweaking goes a long way.

I haven't gotten as deep as removing cellular standby, but I have rooted and updated my firmware once and the benefits were enough to make it pretty darn good.
The ultimate downfall of the unit for me (and the strength in come cases!) is the inability to integrate it into the rest of my systems beyond the Google connection.

I'm going to be honest here and say that I haven't used mine in a while because I picked up a Win7 convertible that has been performing exactly as I want it to, though admittedly Win7 lacks polish in the touch realm.

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
HERE
If you have 4GB internal memory you may need the firmware with 'HY' in the name.
If you have a 2GB model or a older 4GB model you should try the firmware from 2010/11/30 or 2010/11/18 (i prefere the last one)

also for a fast pad you should disable as many widgets as you can and maybe experiment with a Task killer app.

Droidboy

Feb 8, 2011
HERE
If you have 4GB internal memory you may need the firmware with 'HY' in the name.
If you have a 2GB model or a older 4GB model you should try the firmware from 2010/11/30 or 2010/11/18 (i prefere the last one)

also for a fast pad you should disable as many widgets as you can and maybe experiment with a Task killer app.

Thanks!
Is there anything i should know before trying to update the firmware?
I don't want to brick my device

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
a) you will loose anything on the internal memory
b) you will need to install all apps again (bought apps can be re-downloaded for free from the market)
c) it is very, very hard to completely brick a m701 by flashing (dont try too hard there is no award for managing it against my judgement)
d) the flashing itself can take some minutes (around 10 i guess)
e) there is no spoon

tiger_duck08

Nov 24, 2010
I want to updated my firmware for the first time: I alreday downloaded the new firmware. But how do I get my device in the update mode? I have a M701-R 4GB model (fixed sd slot). Can somebody please explain the update-process step by step?