Is there a way to delet multiple email?

dagrev

Dec 18, 2011
I searched and haven't run across this so I'll ask here. I want to delete multiple email at a time without having to tap each one and mark it to delete. Is there a faster way to click several at a time in the email program that came on the Acer?

Thanks

dagrev

Dec 18, 2011
As I mentioned it's the one that came with the Acer. I have no idea what it's called as I've never seen a name. It was the only one on it other than the Gmail app--which I'm not talking about.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
As I mentioned it's the one that came with the Acer. I have no idea what it's called as I've never seen a name. It was the only one on it other than the Gmail app--which I'm not talking about.

On the email app (I can't speak for gmail as I don't use it) check the checkboxes to the left of the email. Once you have everything you want to delete checked, press the trashcan icon in the upper right.
If it don't work, then you are doing something wrong or in a different non-stock app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Tablet Forum

dagrev

Dec 18, 2011
Thanks, but I can delete them--I get so many I'd like a faster way of checking each eamail other than having to touch each one. I may be asking for somethign that simply doesn't exist. Taping each one and highlighting several at a time that way my be all there is. I was just wondering if there was a way to highlight one page/screen at a time or soemthign like that.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Thanks, but I can delete them--I get so many I'd like a faster way of checking each eamail other than having to touch each one. I may be asking for somethign that simply doesn't exist. Taping each one and highlighting several at a time that way my be all there is. I was just wondering if there was a way to highlight one page/screen at a time or soemthign like that.

You mean like a "select all" sort of deal dont you?
Yeah, unfortunately, that isn't pissible. Honestly, after doing the checkbox thing for a while, you should start being able to check the boxes pretty fast ;-) but I understand that it isn't exactly easy if you had 100's of messages to delete.
Sorry there is no solution for you :'(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Tablet Forum

dagrev

Dec 18, 2011
That's kind of what I was thinking of. I get a ton every day and read most on my laptop anyway so it's a pain to have to go back and check each one all the time. Thanks.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
That's kind of what I was thinking of. I get a ton every day and read most on my laptop anyway so it's a pain to have to go back and check each one all the time. Thanks.

Ok, Look, you DESPERATELY need to switch your email to something that supports IMAP, so that those marked as read on your laptop show read on the tablet, and those deleted on the laptop show deleted on the tablet. And vise versa.

Your problem stems from using POP mail. Run away from pop mail like your hair is on fire any time you access the same mailbox from multiple devices.

You also want to use some mail provider that will pre-sort your stuff into folders for you, so that the mildly interesting stuff goes to topic-related mailboxes, and the important stuff stays in your inbox, and the spam filtering is as close to perfect as possible. In short, you want Gmail, and you want Gmail with pop3 access turned off, and Imap access turned on. There is a tiny learning curve with Gmail, but its well worth it. It even has the ability to go pick up your mail from what ever mail you use to use, and put it into a folders, so you never have to even change your email address.

Its 2012. WAY past time to ditch pop3.

dagrev

Dec 18, 2011
Sounds like a good plan. Currently I have most going to my home cable/internet, but maybe a year ago signed up for Gmail sad well. I'm currently having my Gmail sent to my home internet email which is then read via MS Outlook. I didn't know you could set email to do all that. Sounds like I need to figure that out and get my "home" email sent to Gmail.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Another thought- I leave my email on the servers for a time (in case I have to rollback my computer, they will download again and not be lost). Could this be what is causing them to be downloaded on all devices?

I'm working on your suggestion at this time.

Last edited:

dagrev

Dec 18, 2011
Thanks for that sugestion! It took a while to get it figured out and done but it's working great today. Delete an email on either laptop or tab and it's gone on the other as well. Just what I wanted. I reversed my accounts and have Gmail as primary and my home service email sent there. So far so good. A few things I don't like as they don't seem to work in Outlook (setting a timed reminder concerning an email, etc), but a great improvment.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Another thought- I leave my email on the servers for a time (in case I have to rollback my computer, they will download again and not be lost). Could this be what is causing them to be downloaded on all devices?

No problem leaving mail on an Imap Server, because IMAP is intended to work that way.

Actually Gmail will give you something like 7gig for free (translation: BOATLOAD).

With Gmail, you never have to delete anything, just archive it all. You can find it all again via search or looking in ALL mail.
Also its amazingly good at catching spam, and if you ever get any spam just use the report spam button and you will never
see any like that again. There are a 100 million people reporting spam so it gets very precise. You never have to
look at your spam folder either if you don't want to. It will disappear 30 days after it arrives.

chanstan65

Mar 7, 2016
I searched and haven't run across this so I'll ask here. I want to delete multiple email at a time without having to tap each one and mark it to delete. Is there a faster way to click several at a time in the email program that came on the Acer?

Thanks
Yes go to your settings within your email which will be at the bottom of the page after draft send or any folders you have created keep going past all that you will come to settings when you get to settings you will see conversations and beneath that should be show checkbox turncoat on and when you get back to your mail you will have check boxes or circles next to you mail.you can check multiple boxes and delete them if you have like I did over 3000or so I would start with 100 at a time and slowly it will delete more and when you clear it you will still have your check boxes in all areas of your mail.hope this is helpful.

chanstan65

Mar 7, 2016

Thanks