is there any way to adjust text size?

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
and I give up... where would that be?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
I just loaded an app called " big fonts " so far so good... it lets you change the system default font size and it can ignore any apps that might not work with it.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

GringoDog

Oct 28, 2011
As an old fart, the smaller font size that occurred with the HC update really is unpleasant. I find that using my vtab is definitely NOT as pleasurable or functional as it was before.

Has anyone found a viable , good solution for a non rooted device?

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
As an up and coming middle aged fart I went for an eye test and found I need reading glasses. Using that with the Vizio helps a great deal.

GringoDog

Oct 28, 2011
As an up and coming middle aged fart I went for an eye test and found I need reading glasses. Using that with the Vizio helps a great deal.

Already got 'em. Still looking for a fix to this problem that didn't exist until the HC update.

eracer

Nov 20, 2011
Agree. What used to be a pleasant reading experience is now a strain.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You know you can simply double tap or pinch to zoom to resize text as large as you like, right?

GringoDog

Oct 28, 2011
Not on all sites. For example, I use the app to visit this forum, and neither of those two methods work.

Further, the pinch method then requires the reader to scroll across the pages to read a complete line of text. That's not ideal.

Seriously - this is a huge problem for those of us who are older or have poor reading visiin. Had this been the experience when I purchased my Vizio, it would have been returned within the week.

GringoDog

Oct 28, 2011
I found an add on to Dolphin HD called text sized - also from dolphin - that helps. But only on web pages. Doesn't have any affect when using Apps like I use for my email or reading this forum and so firth.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I found an add on to Dolphin HD called text sized - also from dolphin - that helps. But only on web pages. Doesn't have any affect when using Apps like I use for my email or reading this forum and so firth.

Yes, sorry apps can be a problem. Most are not designed to resize text, other than readers and browsers. Most of those reflow the text so that you don't have to scroll across.